Student ParkingThis information was emailed to all students. Forms need to be opened on Google, using the students' pdl device.SJH Student Parking 2023-2024Driver Application and Vehicle Registration
PROOF OF A VALID SC DRIVERS LICENSE AND A VALID VEHICLE REGISTRATION MUST BE INCLUDED WITH THIS APPLICATION AND MUST NOT BE EXPIRED.
ALL VEHICLES MUST HAVE A DECAL (HANGER) DISPLAYED FROM THE REARVIEW MIRROR TO AVOID RECEIVING A TICKET. TINTED WINDOWS ARE NO EXCEPTION.
The following regulations shall apply to driving and parking on campus. Please review, initial, sign as indicated and submit the form to receive a parking decal (hanger). Signature implies responsibility for insurance, adherence to rules, student behavior and damage to vehicle or property.
Student, please initial each after reading.
___ ALL fines from previous year MUST be paid in full before a decal (hanger) is issued.
___ Student must be in good standing with the school or parking decals (hangers) will be revoked, discipline, tardies, etc.
___ Observe 5 miles per hour speed limit on campus and traffic directions.
___ No Parking in the fire lanes, staff/visitor parking, bus area, or handicapped spaces without a
handicapped license. If students are caught parking in these areas, they will be fined and possibly lose their driving privilege.
___ STUDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LOITER in parking lot. You must report to building after arriving.
___ Decal (HANGER) is to be hung from rearview mirror. Decals (hangers) must be visible.TINTED WINDOWS ARE NO EXCEPTION!
___ If parking decal (hanger) is lost or suspended, there will be a $10.00 reinstatement fee.
___ IF DRIVING AN UNREGISTERED VEHICLE, SEE MRS. SMITH FOR A TEMPORARY PASS.
___ Failure to abide by all school policies and/or parking guidelines will result in the loss of driving privileges
and enforcement of discipline procedures.
___ LOUD VEHICLES ARE PROHIBITED. Vehicles should not charge engine to make excessive noise.
ONCE YOUR FORM IS COMPLETED, GO TO MYPAYMENTSPLUS.COM/WELCOME TO PAY FOR YOUR PARKING PASS, $30. STUDENTS WILL PICK UP DECAL FROM MRS. SMITH ONCE ALL PAPERWORK IS COMPLETE. STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PLACING DECAL ON VEHICLE AFTER RECEIVING. NO DECAL DISPLAYED IS A WRITTEN TICKET. SENIORS ARE FREE UNTIL SEPTEMBER.
SJHS students who are given the privilege of driving an automobile to/from school are required to adhere to all SJHS, Horry County School District, and South Carolina driver regulations/laws. Since driving an automobile to school is a privilege, certain conditions are attached to that privilege. Students who fail to uphold these conditions will be subject to monetary fines and/or loss of parking privileges. The conditions are as follows:
• Student drivers with a valid SC driver’s license will be given permission to drive on the SJHS campus. No parking permit will be issued until all outstanding debts and registration are paid.
*Students will purchase a school parking permit which will be placed on the vehicle’s front windshield in the bottom left corner — no exceptions. Cars without permits will be fined/towed. The parking permit fee for the 2023-2024 school year is $30 for the vehicle. Registration applications must be completed along with a copy of the student’s SC driver’s license and SC registration. Seniors will receive a free parking pass if they complete all information by the designated date which will be given to seniors on the first day of school. Seniors must pay for additional passes.
1. No car is to be parked outside the assigned student parking area from the times 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
2. No students are to park their cars in the bus/front parking lots, behind the building, or in the rider drop-off areas. A $10 fine will be assessed.
3. Students are to obey all traffic laws, signs, and markings while on campus. Speeding and reckless driving are prohibited. Violations will result in loss of driving privileges.
4. Students are not to litter the parking lot.
5. Students are prohibited from driving across parking lines. Students must use driving lanes only to enter or to exit parking lot. 6. Students are to maintain a 5 mph speed limit while driving on campus.
General Parking Lot Rules
1. Students who drive to school should lock and leave their cars promptly once they arrive on campus. No loitering is allowed in the parking areas.
2. Students will not be allowed to return to their cars after 8:15 a.m. without a pass from an administrator. Passes will not be written to go back to cars to get belongings that were left in a car.
3. SJHS operates with a closed-campus policy, a policy which means that no student is to leave campus during any part of the day unless he/she has been given permission by an administrator or an administrator’s designee.
4. Students are further cautioned that unauthorized visitors to campus are trespassing and will be subject to arrest and prosecution.
5. The student agrees that he/she will not bring onto the school grounds or keep in his/her vehicle while it is on the school grounds any gun, ammunition, explosive, knife, blackjack, or other weapon, and any alcohol or illegal substances.
6. The school and the school district will not be liable for damages or theft to vehicles. Students are urged to lock their vehicles at all times.
7. Vehicles are subject to searches by administration. Trained dogs and their handlers are utilized on school property.
RULES FOR DRIVERS GOING AND RETURNING FROM SCHOOL PROPERTY
1. Students leaving the SJHS campus for approved reasons should exit through the front entrance after signing out at the front desk.
2. Students returning to campus following an approved reason for leaving must use the front entrance and immediately report to the front desk to sign in.