Students are expected to arrive to school and to class on time. Tardiness is defined as not being inside the assigned classroom when the tardy bell rings. When the tardy bell rings teachers will close their doors, and hall sweeps will be conducted.
Tardiness will be excused for the following reasons:
- Late bus
- Illness substantiated by a written excuse from doctor or dentist
- Official legal document
- Circumstances approved by the principal or designee
Cumulative unexcused tardies will be dealt with in the following manner:
- 1st Incident: Warning
- 2nd Incident: Warning
- 3rd Incident: Warning
- 4th Incident: Warning
- 5th Incident: 1 block of detention
- 6th Incident: 2 blocks of detention
- 7th Incident: 1 day of in-school suspension or Saturday school, plus referred to Guidance
- 8th Incident: 1 day of in-school suspension or Saturday school, plus no field trips or pep rallies
- 9th Incident: 1 day out-of-school suspension or Sat school
- 10th Incident: Parent meeting and no-walk list
- 11th Incident: Administrative decision and loss of driving privilege
Lunch detentions will be served in the ISS area in the cafeteria.
Saturday school is 8-11 a.m. If student misses assigned Saturday school, he or she will be assigned consequences.