Library Learning Commons Info
St James High School
Library Learning Commons
843-650-5600 Ext. 3313 & 3325
Hours 7:30 to 3:45 Monday -Friday
St. James Library Media Center Mission Statement:
To provide the services and resources necessary to ensure that students are effective consumers and users of ideas and information and have the 21st Century information literacy skills needed to be successful and competitive in our global society.
843-650-5600 Ext. 3313
843-650-5600 Ext. 3325
Shark Byte Venue Service
Hours 7:30 to 3:15 Monday - Friday
843-650-5600 Ext. 3361 & Ext. 3326
Library Information Center
“To ensure that students are effective consumers & users of ideas and information through access to print & non-print resources.”
1. Each student is responsible for materials checked out.
2. The loan period for general materials is 15 school days. Materials may be renewed for an extra 15 days. The overdue fine is $.10 per day. Fees are charged for lost or damaged items per HCS policy.
3. Students visiting the media center must have a teacher-issued pass (including lunch time). Students must sign in and sign out at the circulation desk.
4. Bookbags and large satchels are not permitted beyond media gates. Please be sure to keep valuable items with you at all times.
5. Food and drink are not permitted beyond media gates. Drinks may be left in the drink holder at the circulation desk or placed in the fridge to be kept cold.
6. Printing charges: B&W: $0.10. Color: $0.25 per page unless prearranged with classroom teacher.
7. Photocopies: $.10 for personal copies.
8. Creation Station: markers, colored pencils, staplers, scissors, tape, glue and paper are available for students to use for school projects. The media store sells poster board, pencils, flash drives, note cards and folder covers and more.
9. Students will abide by the HCS Acceptable Use Policy for use of computers and smart devices.
10. eBooks are available for students 24/7 through the Follett BryteWave K-12 app, which can be downloaded from the App Store, Google Play, or the Amazon App Store. Use your school account username and password, and when prompted enter the Follett Shelf URL: http://wbb13042.follettshelf. com. See the Media Center staff for assistance. 11. Online databases are available 24/7 to assist students for school and personal needs through the district’s online “Student Learning Commons” located on the district homepage at www.horrycountyschools.net. See the Media Center staff for passwords and assistance.
PDL Coordinator / Technology
843-650-5600 Ext. 3316
843-650-5600 Ext. 3326