Horry County Schools is inspiring possibilities for student success through a broad range of unique teaching and learning opportunities.
The countywide school district encompasses 52 schools in the nine attendance areas of Myrtle Beach, Carolina Forest, Conway, Socastee, North Myrtle Beach, Loris, Aynor, Green Sea Floyds and St. James. Horry County Schools, with more than 42,000 students, is South Carolina’s third-largest school district.
HCS Core Values and Vision
- We put service to students above all else.
- We take responsibility for the success of all students.
- We care passionately about our work with students.
- We build strong, positive relationships with students, staff, parents, and community.
- We model and promote civility and integrity.
Horry County Schools' vision is to be a premier, world-class school system in which every student acquires an excellent education. Our schools will be welcoming centers organized around high-quality teaching and learning.