Horry County Schools is inspiring possibilities for student success through a broad range of unique teaching and learning opportunities.
The district is made up of 56 schools within nine attendance areas: Aynor, Carolina Forest, Conway, Green Sea Floyds, Loris, Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, Socastee, and St. James. Horry County Schools has more than 45,000 students and is South Carolina’s third-largest school district.
HCS Core Values and Vision
- We put service to students above all else.
- We take responsibility for the success of all students.
- We care passionately about our work with students.
- We build strong, positive relationships with students, staff, parents, and community.
- We model and promote civility and integrity.
Horry County Schools' vision is to be a premier, world-class school system in which every student acquires an excellent education. Our schools will be welcoming centers organized around high-quality teaching and learning.