About SOAR Academy
SOAR Academy is a student-focused program school located within the Horry County School District.
Our Mission & Vision
The SOAR Academy's mission is to prepare students to return successfully to the regular school setting by improving academic performance and character.
- To have 100% of students remain in school until graduation or achievement of their individually prescribed program
- To have 100% of students demonstrate positive self-esteem and tolerance of individual differences
- To have 100% of students achieving at their appropriate grade level
- To provide presentations/consultants/counselors for training students and staff to assist in guiding the participants in making the right choices and realizing their own resiliency
- To assure professional growth for all staff members through a comprehensive staff development program
- To assure all students meet the criteria in academics, attendance, and behavior to return successfully to the regular school setting
- To prevent violence and other delinquent activities by at-risk youth
- To provide a nurturing environment conducive to learning
- To provide ongoing academic instruction to meet individual student needs
- To provide supportive academic and social counseling
- To improve student behaviors to the degree that the student will be able to return to the regular school site for instruction
- To develop a personalized learning plan for each student