Arrival & Dismissal
Bus riders are dismissed at 2:30 p.m. Car riders are dismissed after buses leave.
LORIS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Attendance/Tardy/Early Sign Out Policy:
• School doors open at 7:00 a.m.
• School day begins at 7:30 a.m. and dismissal is 2:30 p.m. for all students.
• My child must be IN in his/her classroom by 7:30 a.m. to be counted present and on time.
• Breakfast is served from 7:00-7:20 a.m. and students arriving to the cafeteria after 7:20 a.m. will not be served.
• If my child is NOT IN the classroom by 7:30 a.m., he/she is considered absent until I walk him/her into the office and sign him/her in as tardy.
• If I sign my child out of school before dismissal, this is an Early Sign- Out (ESO) and will reflect as an unexcused tardy on my child’s attendance record and report card.
• Lawful reasons for tardiness are an appointment with documentation, immediate traffic accidents, detours, road closures, principal approval in cases of emergency.
• Lawful reasons of early sign-out are appointment with documentation, principal approval in cases of emergency.
• If my child is chronically tardy or signed out early without lawful documentation (10 or more combined and/or early sign-outs) an Attendance Intervention Plan (AIP) will be necessary.
• If my child is absent from school, I will notify the attendance office by telephone or by providing medical documentation upon his/her return. (843-390-6860)
• Lawful reasons for absences include medical doctor’s note, proof of bereavement/death of an immediate family member, and principal approval in cases of emergency.
• If my child has 3 consecutive or 5 cumulative unlawful absences, I will be required to have a conference with an administrator to put an Attendance Intervention Plan (AIP) in to place which lasts for one calendar year.
• Continued unlawful absences, tardiness, or early sign-outs after the AIP is in place will result in referral to the District Attendance Office for review and possible referral to family court for truancy.
• School dismisses at 2:30 p.m. and students are to be picked up promptly.
• Car Riders: I understand that my child needs to be picked up by 3:00 p.m. each day. If he/she is not picked up by 3:00 p.m., he/she will be taken to “Loris Elementary KidCare” for supervision at a cost $15.00 per day drop-in fee.