HCS Adult Education Registration Guide
All programs will resume on/ after August 21, 2023 for the 2023-24 School Year.
If you are 16 or 17 years old, you must be approved into the Adult Education Program per the SC Department of Education. Please print and complete the Underage Forms, which must be signed by parent/ guardian and child and return the forms to either one of our base sites in Conway or Myrtle Beach. Once you are approved, you may enroll and follow the steps below.
New & Returning students must register for the 2023-2024 school year.
STEP 1: Access the 2023-2024 HCS Adult Education Online Registration Forms
- Create a new account to access the registration forms for ALL programs
- Confirm the email message that you will receive
- Log-in using the credentials that you created
- Complete all of the fields indicated on the forms
- Electronic signature & Submit
- Watch & enter your full name to submit your participation online
STEP 3: Assessment Exam (TABE)
- Required for all students except ESL
- Once you complete and submit the registration forms online, the next half of your registration is to complete the Test of Basic Adult Education (TABE)
- Appointments are not necessary, you may take this exam at either one of our base sites: Conway or Myrtle Beach.
- Please allow an approximate 3-hour window on registration day.
- Complete & submit form online
STEP 5: If enrolling into the GED program: GED Ready's
- Create account on GED.com
- A Test Administrator can issue you the GED Ready voucher codes. There are 4 GED Ready exams (practice exams): RLA, Math, Social Studies, and Science.
- Instructions on how to redeem a GED Ready voucher code
- You may complete these exams at home or in the school building.
STEP 6: WIN: Work Ready Credential
- The Work Ready Credential is a workforce education and development tool, comprised of three proctored assessments: Work Ready Math, Work Ready Reading, and Work Ready Data.
- The Work Ready Credential provides a customized credential that learners and jobseekers can add to their portfolio to show that they have mastered foundational academic skills and are ready to work.
- Please allow approximately 3 hours for this assessment. You will receive a certificate upon completion.
STEP 7: If enrolling in the High School Diploma program:
- After completing the above steps (excluding step 5), you will meet with the Diploma Coordinator to discuss and review your transcript and the credits needed.
- Courses will be assigned through Edgenuity.com by the Diploma Coordinator.
- Work on the assigned courses virtually.
- If you require childcare to attend Adult Education classes, additional registration is required:
- 2023-2024 Childcare Application
- Ages 6 weeks- 5 years old (not enrolled in school)
- Birth Certificate & Vaccination Records are required for entry
- Available hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-12pm.