Volunteering can make a difference!
Volunteering at a school can have a positive impact of the academic success of a child.
How can you help?
- Serve as an academic tutor or homework helper
- Serve as a literacy tutor
- Be a reading buddy, book buddy, or reading friend
- Help with writing assignments
- Play instructional games
- Be a penpal or email pal
- Be an ELL coach or practice vocabulary with non-English speaking students.
- Share expertise in creative arts or recreational activities
- Answer phones
- Make copies for the office or for teachers
- Help in library, guidance, or nurse's office
- Assist with developing teaching materials
- Monitor hallway, playgrounds, or cafeterias
- Monitor testing
- Assist in producing the school newsletter or student publishing center
- Chaperone school trips
- Help with fundraising activities