• College Goals



    CFHS will be hosting our first College Goal Event this year! College Goal is an event designed to assist parents and students with filling out the FAFSA Federal Student Aid application. College reps and counselors will be on hand to answer questions about financial aid.  


    For the 2019-2020 FAFSA, parents and students should bring their 2017 tax information in order to complete the form. All information reviewed by the College Goal volunteers will be kept private and confidential and will not be used for any purpose other than helping the students and families apply for financial aid for college. Students' and family identities will be protected to the best extent possible, and none of the information being requested will be sent to vendors for other purposes besides applying for aid.


    Not all families will have all these documents–but don’t let that stop you from coming. Even if you have no paperwork at all, we can help you complete part of the FAFSA.


    Please Bring:

    • Your FSA ID and your parents’ FSA ID (if dependent) – Both student and parent need separate FSA IDs
    • Social Security Number (can be found on Social Security card)
    • Driver’s license (if any)
    • W-2 Forms for 2016 and other records of money earned
    • Your (and your spouse’s, if you are married) Federal Income Tax Return for 2017: 
    • IRS Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ
    • If you amended your 2016 taxes please bring the 1040X in addition to the 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ,
    • foreign tax return, or tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia.
    • Parent’s Federal Income Tax Return for 2017 (if you are a dependent student as defined by federal criteria)
    • Untaxed income records for 2017: 
    • Social Security,
    • Temporary Assistance to Needy Families,
    • welfare, or
    • veterans benefits.
    • Current bank statements
    • Current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond, and other investment records
    • Documentation that you are a U.S. permanent resident or other eligible non-citizen.
    • US Passport or Certificate of Naturalization.
    Comments (-1)