• Registrar's Office 


    Miss Dawn Meehan


    (843) 293-2513 ext. 713256


    September 1st Update --  The Parent Portal is currently unavailable due to student scheduling activities by the District Office.  If you still need to complete registration for your student, you will need to wait until the Portal is available again after schedules are release Wednesday afternoon/early evening.  Once your student's registration is complete, they will be able to come to the school to pick up their device after calling the school first.  


    The Registrar's Office is open for appointments from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.  You must call or email to make an appointment prior to coming to school.  Until further notice, visitors to the building are limited, and all visitors must wear a mask while in the building.  Thank you! 

    Registration for the 2020-2021 school year for returning students has begun and is ongoing.  All parents should use the Parent Portal to complete registration.  Please make note that the registration link is the second menu option from the bottom of the menu.  It should say Registration (2020-2021).  If you are having any difficulties with registration, please email Miss Meehan, our registrar, with the problem you are having.  She will respond within 24 hours.  Thank you. 

    Registration for new students for the 2020-2021 school year started June 8th.  Please visit HCS's Registration Page for more information.


    Registering your Student

    • To register your student for school, you will need to fill out enrollment paperwork along with the following information at the time of enrollment: the student’s legal birth certificate, social security card, and immunization records. We also require proof of residency for our attendance area. This should be either a utility bill, lease agreement, or your deed to your purchased property.
    • All students, regardless of age, must be enrolled by a parent or authorized guardian.  If you are an acting guardian, we will require proof of guardianship at the time of enrollment.
    • Although not necessary at the time of registration, please bring any school transcripts, current grades, report cards, Individual Education Plans, and/or 504 plans your student may have.  This aids in the process of requesting records from your student's former school.

    Please note:

    • If you are transferring your student from another school within Horry County, you will need to bring with you a copy of your withdrawal form from the high school the student has left and proof of residency for your new residence.
    • If you are transferring your student from an online school, you must withdraw your student from the online school prior to enrolling your student.  Students cannot be enrolled in an online school and attending classes at the same time as attending Socastee High except under special circumstances dictated by Horry County Schools, i.e. HCS Virtual School.

    Withdrawing your Student

    • All students must be formally withdrawn from Socastee High School prior to registering at a new High School. In order for records to be released in a timely and efficient manner please make sure that all your student’s outstanding fees and/or fines have been paid and that all technology, sports equipment, JROTC uniforms, etc. have been returned prior to withdrawal.
    • Withdrawing your student must be done by a parent or guardian here:  Withdrawal Form
    • Please call the school at 843-293-2513 and leave a message to arrange a time to return all school materials to the school.

    Records Requests and Verifications for Graduated Students

    • Transcripts, Records Requests, and third party verifications for all students not currently attending a Horry County School and/or have graduated from secondary school are to be made through the Horry County Schools’ secure online request system – Need My Transcript.

    Related Forms