Equity & Family Needs
In light of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, Horry County Schools is committed to working with students and families to keep educational equity front and center by providing assistance, resources, and partnerships by focusing on the following:
- Response teams will work with family needs at each school.
- McKinney-Vento students will be monitored to ensure that they have access to resources and that liaisons continue to serve homeless students.
- Address discrimination, biases, and student conduct.
- Improve digital access and connectivity and consider alternative means if digital access is unavailable to students/families.
- Provide resources and materials to those students identified as needing assistance (school supplies, clothes, food, etc.). Identify and share community resources to help meet the needs of students and families.
- Provide cultural response and outreach by ensuring awareness of the diversity among families. Address potential barriers by providing information in various languages.
- Assess and support student and staff social-emotional needs.
- Ensure communications appropriate to students and families with disabilities, including assistance for the visually and hearing impaired.
- Provide methods of feedback from stakeholders.