River Oaks Elementary
- Morning Drop-Off: 6:50-7:30am – Please arrive early so that students are in class by the tardy bell at 7:40am. Please have students ready to get out of the vehicle when you have stopped at the curb between the duty persons. Do not drop students off in the parking lot. Limited parking is available on campus in the front parking lot. We strongly recommend that you stay in the traffic line and drop off your child in the supervised area along the curb.
- During the School Day: Visitor parking is available in the front parking lot. Vehicles may not park in the front of the school along the sidewalk or block the driveway to the front of the school. This may interfere with emergency vehicle access. All visitors to the school will enter the building through the main office entrance and use the electronic sign-in (LobbyGuard) by scanning their state issued drivers license and receiving a visitor’s badge.
- Afternoon Pick-Up: 2:30pm – Please remain in your vehicle and pull up through the car line. Display the school issued car rider tags in your front window. Students will be dismissed to the loading area when their names are called and supervised as they walk to their vehicles in the car line.
- Early Dismissal: Parents must enter through the main office and present a picture ID in order to sign-out a student. EARLY DISMISSALS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED AFTER 2:00 P.M.
- Change in Dismissal: Parents must submit a written and signed note to change your child’s transportation home. The note must be sent to the school office or faxed to the school (903-6301) before 12:00 p.m. to allow time to notify the teacher and student. CHANGES MAY NOT BE MADE BY PHONE.
- Students walking to and from school: This service is provided for students walking to Berkshire Forest neighborhood. Students walking to other areas must be requested of and approved by the ROE administration. Parents should inform the school with a signed written notice if their child will be walking to and/or from school. The note must include the student’s destination and the point of release. Please proved one note per child. Students walking to school in the morning will cross Augusta Plantation Drive at the crosswalk which is supervised by crossing guard 6:50am-7:40am. Students who walk home from school in the afternoon will be dismissed to the Gym. Students will be accompanied by a ROE Duty Supervisor and walked to the crosswalk at Augusta Plantation Drive. The crossing guard will assist the students in crossing.
- In case of inclement weather: We will proceed in PM walker procedures in light rain. If parents do not wish their child to walk in a light rain, they must notify the office by 12 p.m. so that we may notify your child and teacher of the change. In the case of heavy showers and/or lightening, students will remain in the Gym until the weather clears or parents are contacted. Parents should go to the Main Office to pick up their child. Students will not be released from the Gym due to safety reasons.
Thank you, ROE parents, for your support and cooperation in following these important safety and security procedures. This will ensure the safety of ROE students and staff.