RIVER OAKS ELEMENTARY SPIRIT ROCK
WHAT IS THE SPIRIT ROCK?
- The spirit rock is an exciting way to celebrate birthdays, accomplishments, celebrations, well wishes, congratulatory messages, upcoming school events or inspiring messages.
- The spirit rock is a fun way to spread any kind of positive message. Please note any use of profanity, symbols, offensive and political messages are not permitted.
- Painting the rock is one of many traditions that people can participate in with their friends and family.
RENTER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVIDING SUPPLIES AND PAINTING THE ROCK. RAIN OR SHINE.
RESERVATIONS MUST BE MADE TO PAINT THE ROCK.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- RESERVATIONS ARE FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS.
- The cost is $25.00 per day and can be rented for no more than 2 consecutive days at a time.
- You may begin painting the spirit rock at 4:00 PM on the day BEFORE your reserved date and your session will expire at 3:59PM the day of your reservation, to ensure anyone scheduled the next day has time to paint.
STEP 1 -Check the availability and reserve your day at: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090E48AEAF28A7F85-river1
STEP 2 - If your date is available, Click Sign Up, enter your name and payment information to confirm your booking.
That’s it! Be ready to paint your rock at 4pm the day before your reservation!
- The spirit rock may NOT be painted during school hours.
- Parents who reserve the rock for Monday need to have the rock painted on Friday, between 4-8pm. The school is closed on weekends.
- River Oaks Elementary PTO is not responsible for missed or forgotten reservations, no refunds will be given once your date is paid and confirmed.
- The family or group painting the rock assumes liability for any individual or member of the group who incurs clothing or other personal property damage or school property damages.
- School administrators and PTO reserve the right to and will exercise such right to make judgements on the status of the rock. Any painting that is deemed to be inappropriate will be removed/repainted.
- 100% of your donation goes back to River Oaks Elementary PTO, THANK YOU!
WHAT SUPPLIES DO I NEED?
• You will typically need 2-3 cans of spray paint for the base coat and additional paint for your design. You can use latex paint as well. For more intricate designs, craft paint, foam brushes and even stencils work great.
You are responsible for providing all materials and ensuring the area around the spirit rock remains clean, free of trash and debris. Please make sure to ONLY paint the rock and protect the grass, sidewalk and road.
NOT ARTISTIC? NO PROBLEM! HERE ARE SOME LOCAL ARTISTS THAT WOULD LOVE TO HELP!
Laurie Rollins with Rockin’Rollins - (843) 283-3356
Heather Isaksen Stevens with ArtStart Rocks - (843) 274-4965
Miranda Skipper with Brilliant Brushes Art and Calligraphy - (843) 503-9658
Sybil Alfano - search “Sybil Alfano – Artist” page on Facebook
Vanessa Holland – search “VHolland Rocks” page on Facebook
***BY RESERVING A DATE, YOU AGREE TO ADHERE TO ALL GUIDELINES AND SPECIFICATIONS LISTED ABOVE***
PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL OF OUR SCHOOL GROUNDS!