On behalf of the staff at Whittemore Park Middle School, we are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities.
We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
- Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
- Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
- Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school to be college and career ready
Please consider volunteering as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations. We seek volunteers to help us with reading with children who need extra help. We also encourage attendance and participation in school-wide events.
The wonderful staff of Whittemore Park Middle School and I thank you for your support and look forward to working with you this school year!