How to Apply to the CD Program
Contact your primary or elementary school before July 8th to schedule a screening appointment.
1. Complete an application and McKinney-Vento form
- Download the Child Development application | En Español
- Download the McKinney Vento form | En Español
2. Submit the required documents
- Child’s legal birth certificate
- Child’s shot record
- Child's Medicaid card or parents’ proof of income (2018 income tax return)
- Proof of residency (utility bill, rental or lease agreement).
- The child’s social security card is requested, but not required.
3. Schedule a screening appointment for your child.
Families will be notified about program placement or waiting list status in June.
Where to Apply
The CD program is offered in all primary/elementary schools in the district. Applications must be completed at the primary or elementary school in your attendance area even if you plan to apply for a transfer. The HCS School Finder can help you locate your school.
Parents who wish to apply for a transfer request to a school outside of their attendance area are encouraged to apply early before the selection process is complete. Parents may apply for a transfer request between April 8 and June 30. Please be sure to select 'CD' for the grade level on any tranfer requests for the Child Development program. If you tranfer request is approved, you must still have your child screened at the school in your attendance area.