- Green Sea Floyds Middle & High
- Green Sea Floyds Middle & High Homepage
For the most recent announcements and upcoming events, please visit our GSFH Facebook page daily and see the school calendar on our website. (A Facebook account is not required to be able to visit the GSFH Facebook page.)
Girls' B-Team Basketball Practices
- Girls' B-Team Basketball practices have been canceled for Friday, November 22nd and will resume next Monday, November 25th at 3:45 pm. The team will practice as usual on Wednesday, November 20th and Thursday, November 21st. Please make sure your transportation is here by 5:00 pm.
EOC Testing Dates - Mark Your Calendars
- English 1 Writing *only course repeaters - 12/17/19
- English 2 Writing - 12/18/19
- Biology 1 - 1/9/20
- Algebra 1 - 1/10/20
- English 2 Reading - 1/13/20
- English 1 Reading - 1/14/20
- US History - 1/14/20
Yearbook Holiday Promotion
- If you order your child's yearbook online BEFORE December 6th, you will receive 20 FREE customizable Holiday Cards with your purchase of a school yearbook! Click the link below! It's the perfect gift for the holidays!
- Yearbook Order
Varsity Football Playoff Game
- Come out Friday, November 22nd at 7:30 pm to cheer on our defending state champion Trojans as they continue their quest in the playoffs to win state again! We are playing C.E. Murray at Luther Enzor Memorial Stadium. Only SCHSL coaches passes are accepted at the gate during the playoffs. No other passes grant free admission. Tickets throughout the playoffs are $8.
Winter Athletic Sports
- Any student wanting to participate in a Winter sport must have all parts of their physical completed online at Arbiter Athlete. Please see Athletic Trainer Katy Campman with any questions.
Camp Hands for Hope Information
- Camp Hands of Hope is a weekend-long bereavement camp for youth and their loved ones who have experienced the loss of a loved one in the past three years. This camp is hosted by the Hospice & Palliative Care Foundation. The upcoming camp will take place on November 22-24, 2019 at Camp Kinard in Batesburg-Leesville, South Carolina. They would like to extend their camp resources to any students, friends, or family you may have that can potentially benefit from our camp.
- The camp is open to youth ages 5-18 and their caregivers who have experienced the loss of a loved one in the past three years (must have at least one adult attend with the camper). This is an all-expense paid weekend for the family (including lodging and meals). We ask that the family, pay a $50 administrative fee (per family) to help offset the administrative time of processing applications, HOWEVER, if that fee is a financial hardship, they can apply for an application fee waiver after their applications have been accepted and confirmed.
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 18 online at www.camphandsofhope.org. Registration will remain open until spaces are filled.
Contact Diane Carlson and Stephanie Mishoe, Camp Hands of Hope Co-Directors with any questions at email@example.com or 843-409-7991.
- At the September 9, 2019, meeting of the Horry County Board of Education, Dr. Maxey announced a make-up day plan for the four days missed from school due to Hurricane Dorian. HCS will utilize four of the five make-up days that were designated in our 2019-2020 student calendar, which are:
- Monday, October 14, 2019
Tuesday, October 15, 2019
Friday, January 17, 2020**
Tuesday, February 18, 2020
- **January 16, 2020, will now be a full day, and January 17, 2020, will be a half-day with a 2.5 hour early dismissal for students. With these alterations to the student calendar, the first semester will now end on January 17, 2020, instead of January 16, 2020, for grading purposes. February 17, 2020, will be a Teacher Work/Staff Development Day and a Student Holiday, unless a make-up day is required due to a future school cancellation.
Important Notice - GSFH is a Closed Campus
- CLOSED CAMPUS: Please be reminded that GSFM/HS operates a "closed campus" system. Students are expected to remain in the building for the entire day once they arrive at school. Students do not leave campus without permission from the administration and the parents. Violation of this regulation is considered "cutting school" and is subject to disciplinary action. Students will not be allowed to leave the building and return except for scheduled doctor appointments that are confirmed with the doctor's office or when accompanied by a parent. Leaving campus to retrieve "forgotten" items, eat lunch, or take care of personal business will result in an unexcused absence and the student will not be allowed to return for any classes the remainder of the day unless special permission is given by the principal. No food is allowed to be delivered to students from an outside vendor.
- Practices will be every week on Tuesday mornings.
- Contact Mrs. Melody Edge with any questions.
2019-2020 Student Calendar
- Click on the following link to access the 2019-2020 Student Calendar
- 2019-2020 Student Calendar
- The physical form is available for any student interested in playing a sport this school year. To access the form, please follow the link below.
- As you receive your college acceptance letters, please bring them to the guidance office. We want to celebrate all of your acceptances with you!
Title 1 Parent Survey
- The Title 1 Parent Survey is now available. Parents, please take a few moments to visit the link below and complete the short survey regarding the 2017-2018 school year.
- Title I Parent Survey
Attention parents and students:
- All transportation notes for bus pickups, early dismissals, or any other transportation change must be sent to the front office first thing each morning. No verbal changes will be made over the telephone. It must be in writing or emailed to attendance and it must include a parent signature and a working contact number. A drop off address should be included with bus notes. *These notes should be submitted prior to 1:00 pm each day. No changes or notes accepted after this daily cut off time.*
- Good school attendance is critical for student achievement.
- Visit this link for more information about the HCS attendance policy: Attendance Matters
ATTENTION SENIORS! - The FAFSA application opened up in October. All students interested in financial aid for college are required to complete this form, and many colleges require that all students complete FAFSA regardless. The application is free to submit. The FAFSA is available for filing online at https://fafsa.ed.gov.
To complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you will need:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your most recent federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- An FSA ID to sign electronically.
If you are a dependent student, then you will also need most of the above information for your parent(s).
The deadline for the 2018-2019 FAFSA is midnight, Central Time, June 30, 2019. The earlier you file, the more grant money you are likely to receive (up to twice as much). Filing early also helps to ensure you don’t miss FAFSA deadlines for state and college aid, which may differ from the federal deadline. You can find state FAFSA deadlines at https://fafsa.ed.gov/deadlines.htm. For a specific school’s FAFSA deadline, contact the college directly.
Google Classroom Scholarship Information
A Google Classroom for scholarship information has been created for grades 9-12. Interested students should join the classroom in order to see available scholarships. Please use the following classroom code to join: rvp1ge.
High School Class Google Classroom Codes
- Below are the codes for students to join their respective grade Google Classrooms. This is the best way (besides announcements) for them to receive information. It is also how seniors will be voting for senior superlatives and submitting items for the yearbook. If a student joined his or her classroom last year, it is the same class, and they do not need to rejoin. However, it would help for them just to check that they are still in it.
- 9th- hixaisv
- 10th - bys77d
- 11th - q74iki
- 12th - 94itqo
HCS Announces Athletics Clear Bag Policy
- In order to provide a safe and secure environment for our parents, community members, students, athletes, staff, and officials, Horry County Schools will implement a Clear Bag Policy for all football and basketball games effective August 2018. School staff will continue to implement security checkpoints and approved bag searches.
- To see more specific information about the clear bag policy, visit the following link: HCS Athletics Clear Bag Policy.
Attention Parents/Guardians of Rising 7th Grade Students
- This is a reminder that South Carolina law requires that all students entering 7th grade receive one dose of the Tdap vaccine. Please plan to have your child vaccinated early, before the start of 7th grade. Please see the provided letter for more information at the following link: https://www.horrycountyschools.net/Page/13244
- The Horry County Schools mobile app for both Apple and Android devices is available! Stay connected while you’re on the go with this FREE mobile app that will bring you the latest news and information about our schools. To learn more, click on the following link: HCS Mobile App Information.
Student Drop-Off Time
- Student drop-off time is 7:30 a.m. Doors open at 7:30 a.m. daily. Supervision is NOT provided in the mornings before 7:30 a.m.
- Students, please be reminded that you are tardy to school if you walk into your breakfast class after 8:25. Also, remember that every student will go through the metal detectors each morning. If necessary, please adjust your arrival time so that you make it to class on time. Attendance will not be delayed