- Green Sea Floyds Middle & High
- Green Sea Floyds Middle & High Homepage
For the most recent announcements and upcoming events, please visit our GSFH Facebook page daily and see the school calendar on our website. (A Facebook account is not required to be able to visit the GSFH Facebook page.)
Cap & Gown Pictures
- Senior Cap & Gown portraits will be taken on Thursday, March 21st from 7:15 am until finished. Only students, purchasing a package will be photographed. Caps & Gowns will be provided on picture day.
- BOYS: Please bring a dress shirt and tie to wear under your gown.
- GIRLS: We will provide the proper white collar for the gowns, but it would be helpful if you wear an open neck blouse.
- School Bell Studio has mailed out this information to all seniors.
WN Testing for 11th Graders
- On April 3, all 11th graders will be taking a career ready assessment (WIN).
- Please contact the guidance office if you have any questions.
Senior Graduation Items
- Senior Graduation Items will be delivered on Monday, April 8th from 11:30 to 12:30 in the front lobby near the main office. Only cash or money orders will be accepted for payment on the delivery date. Credit Card payment will need to be done in advance on the Rhodes website www.rhodesgraduation.com.
Class Ring Order Makeup Date
- April 8th will be a makeup day to place class ring orders.
PACE/Dual Enrollment Night for Rising Junior & Seniors
- Parents and students are invited to our PACE/Dual Enrollment night at Green Sea Floyds High School. Representatives from HGTC will be here to answer any questions about PACE/Dual Enrollment courses.
- When: April 9th at 5:00 pm
- Where: HS Auditorium
- What: PACE/Dual Enrollment Parent Information Night
Middle School Chorus Collecting Tabs
- The Middle School Chorus is collecting can tabs for the Ronald McDonald House in support of Tanner Buffkin's fight against cancer. Please contact Mrs. Edge with any questions.
- Ronald McDonald House
Chorus Cabaret - "Broadway Bound"
- Join the GSFHS Chorus and Theater for the presentation of "Broadway Bound" for an evening of food, music, dancing, and a silent auction
- When: Saturday, March 16 at 7:00 pm
- Where: GSFH Gymnasium
- Cost: $10
- To buy tickets, call 843-392-3131, ext. 2751
- Please contact Alissa Watts with any questions
- Cabaret Flyer
Baseball Hats for Sale
- We have extra baseball hats for sale. The price is $15 each. These come in fitted sizes and will need to be tried on before purchase. See Coach Derek Martin to purchase one.
Clay Target Team is Selling Raffle Tickets
- The GSF CLAY TARGET TEAM will be selling raffle tickets for a Yeti Hopper Flip 12. Please see coach Zac Boyer or anyone on the clay team for a ticket. You may also stop by the front office and see Ms.Cannon or Ms.Grainger for a ticket. Please help this new team out as we look forward to an exciting year ahead. Tickets are $5 ea or 5 for $20 and will be raffled on March 20th.
Black History Program
- The Black History Program has been rescheduled for March 21st at 6:30 pm.
Trojans Take the Town
- Come join us for our 2nd annual Trojans Take the Town event
- Thursday, March 14th from 4:30 pm to 7:00 pm
- There will be food (with entry ticket), prizes, games, inflatables, cake walk, music, and entertainment!
- Teacher, students, parents, and the community coming together in Trojan Pride!
- The Class of 2019 Senior Superlatives have been decided! To see who they are, click on the link below.
- Senior Superlatives
Junior ~ Senior Prom
The Junior Class Prom Committee would like to invite juniors and seniors to join them for a night of glitz and glamour at the 2019 Green Sea Floyds High School Prom on April 12, 2019, at HOTO’s Beach Club at Ocean Drive Beach and Golf Resort in North Myrtle Beach from 8 pm to 11 pm. To see all information regarding the prom, please click on the link below.
- Prom information
SC Governor's School for Science and Mathematics
- Please follow the following links to learn about the Accelerate and Team Up Programs available for 10th - 12th grade students:
OnePalmetto Scholarship and College Fair
- The purpose of The OnePalmetto Scholarship and College Fair is to expose high school and current college students to available scholarship and college opportunities.
- To see more information and to register, follow this link: OnePalmetto Scholarship and College Fair.
- Dates of Fairs:
- February 2nd at Sumter High School, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- March 30th at Greenville TD Center, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Please see the guidance department with any questions.
- We now have DVDs of the State Championship Football game for sale. Please contact Kim Strickland or Henry Martin at 843-392-3131 to get a copy. The cost is $10 each for a picked up copy or $15 each if you need it shipped. All profits will be donated straight to the football program.
- As you receive your college acceptance letters, please bring them to the guidance office. We want to celebrate all of your acceptances with you!
GSFHS Homecoming Photography Website
- Attention Parents and Students!
- If you wish to view and purchase pictures of the GSFHS Homecoming, please use the following link to access the School Bell Studio website.
- Login Code is: GSFHSHC
- If you need any assistance, please call 843-421-5308.
- Mark D. Bell – President
Title 1 Parent Survey
- The Title 1 Parent Survey is now available. Parents, please take a few moments to visit the link below and complete the short survey regarding the 2017-2018 school year.
- Title I Parent Survey
Attention parents and students:
- All transportation notes for bus pickups, early dismissals, or any other transportation change must be sent to the front office first thing each morning. No verbal changes will be made over the telephone. It must be in writing or emailed to attendance and it must include a parent signature and a working contact number. A drop off address should be included with bus notes. *These notes should be submitted prior to 1:00 pm each day. No changes or notes accepted after this daily cut off time.*
- Good school attendance is critical for student achievement.
- Visit this link for more information about the HCS attendance policy: Attendance Matters
ATTENTION SENIORS! - The FAFSA application opened up on October 1, 2018. All students interested in financial aid for college are required to complete this form, and many colleges require that all students complete FAFSA regardless. The application is free to submit. The FAFSA is available for filing online at https://fafsa.ed.gov. *The Parent Resource Center will be open from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm Monday through Friday if you would like to come in and use the computers to file for FAFSA.*
To complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you will need:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your most recent federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- An FSA ID to sign electronically.
If you are a dependent student, then you will also need most of the above information for your parent(s).
The deadline for the 2018-2019 FAFSA is midnight, Central Time, June 30, 2019. The earlier you file, the more grant money you are likely to receive (up to twice as much). Filing early also helps to ensure you don’t miss FAFSA deadlines for state and college aid, which may differ from the federal deadline. You can find state FAFSA deadlines at https://fafsa.ed.gov/deadlines.htm. For a specific school’s FAFSA deadline, contact the college directly.
Google Classroom Scholarship Information
A Google Classroom for scholarship information has been created for grades 9-12. Interested students should join the classroom in order to see available scholarships. Please use the following classroom code to join: rvp1ge.
High School Class Google Classroom Codes
- Below are the codes for students to join their respective grade Google Classrooms. This is the best way (besides announcements) for them to receive information. It is also how seniors will be voting for senior superlatives and submitting items for the yearbook. If a student joined his or her classroom last year, it is the same class, and they do not need to rejoin. However, it would help for them just to check that they are still in it.
- 9th: bys77d
- 10th: q74iki
- 11th: oqdohbm
- 12th: hixaisv
- Codes are also posted in the hallway outside of the teacher workroom on the main high school hallway.
Yearbooks For Sale
- High school yearbooks are for sale for $60. Please see Heather Levine with any questions.
- Middle School yearbooks are for sale for $35 through October 5th. Please see Laura Young with any questions.
HCS Announces Athletics Clear Bag Policy
- In order to provide a safe and secure environment for our parents, community members, students, athletes, staff, and officials, Horry County Schools will implement a Clear Bag Policy for all football and basketball games effective August 2018. School staff will continue to implement security checkpoints and approved bag searches.
- To see more specific information about the clear bag policy, visit the following link: HCS Athletics Clear Bag Policy.
2018-2019 Student Calendar
- Click on the following link to access the 2018-2019 Student Calendar
- 2018-2019 Student Calendar
Attention Parents/Guardians of Rising 7th Grade Students
- This is a reminder that South Carolina law requires that all students entering 7th grade receive one dose of the Tdap vaccine. Please plan to have your child vaccinated early, before the start of 7th grade. Please see the provided letter for more information at the following link: https://www.horrycountyschools.net/Page/13244
- The new Horry County Schools mobile app for both Apple and Android devices is ready for launch! Stay connected while you’re on the go with this FREE mobile app that will bring you the latest news and information about our schools. To learn more, click on the following link: HCS Mobile App Information.
Student Drop-Off Time
- Student drop-off time is 7:30 a.m. Doors open at 7:30 a.m. daily. Supervision is NOT provided in the mornings before 7:30 a.m.
- Students, please be reminded that you are tardy to school if you walk into your breakfast class after 8:25. Also, remember that every student will go through the metal detectors each morning. If necessary, please adjust your arrival time so that you make it to class on time. Attendance will not be delayed