- Green Sea Floyds Middle & High
- Green Sea Floyds Middle & High Homepage
For the most recent announcements and upcoming events, please visit our GSFH Facebook page daily and see the school calendar on our website. (A Facebook account is not required to be able to visit the GSFH Facebook page.)
Weather Advisory for Friday, January 21st
- HCS will operate with a Distance Learning day on Friday, January 21st.
- All schools and facilities will be closed due to potential inclement weather.
- Click here for more information.
Important Senior Supply Deadlines
- February 1st Deadline - Senior Balances Due; make your payment today, www.RhodesGraduation.com/payments.
- March 1st is the deadline for seniors to place their graduation orders at www.RhodesGraduation.com/seniors. Any seniors that have not ordered their required graduation items are encouraged to please order today!
- The Tuesday, Jan. 11 games are rescheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 8 and the Thursday, Jan. 13 games are rescheduled for Thursday, Feb 10. The winter sports pictures scheduled for Thursday, January 13 will be rescheduled.
Blessing Bags for the Homeless
The FBLA Club is making “Blessing Bags” for the Homeless as a community service project. If you are interested in making a bag or donating items for the bags, please contact Mrs. Rogers at trogers@horrycountyschools or 843-392-3131 or see an FBLA member.
Bags and items are due on Tuesday, January 25th.
- All items will be donated to the North Strand Housing Shelter.
Miss GSFH Pageant Information
Parent-Student IGP Letter
- Each year, our guidance counselor takes time to meet with students and parents to conduct each student's individual graduation plan. Please take time to review the Parent-Student IGP letter linked below to see important information about this process.
- Parent-Student IGP Letter
2021-2021 Homecoming Queen Chosen
- Congratulations to Jyshae Pope and Josh Gore for being selected as our new Homecoming Queen and King! Also, congratulations to Tania Alvarado and Gabe Meadows for being announced as 1st runner-ups.
Attention Seniors - Send Your College Acceptance Letters and Scholarship Offers!
- As you receive your college acceptance letters and scholarship offers, please send them to the guidance office (even from schools you do not plan to attend). We want to celebrate all of your acceptances with you!
- In order to participate in sports, athletes should have all forms in PlanetHS/Arbiter Athletes completed and approved by Athletic Trainer Katy Campman. If you have any questions or issues, contact Ms. Campman.
- The physical form is available for any student interested in playing a sport for the 2021-22 school year. To access the form, please follow the link below.
- Don't forget to check out available scholarship opportunities: https://www.horrycountyschools.net/Page/12740.
Letterman Jacket Orders
- It's time to order your GSFH Letterman Jacket!
- To order your jacket, follow these steps:
- Visit us online at this link: Letterman Jackets
- Click on “Varsity Jackets”
- Use the drop-down box (search by state) and select your state
- *CHEAT: Once you get to step 3, without having to search by state, put in the password 037134 and it will take you directly to your school’s order page.
- Choose your school and order!
- Follow this link to view the sizing chart: Letterman Jacket Sizing Chart
Transcript Requests: Current and Former Students
- To request a transcript, click on the following link: Transcript Request.
Attention Parents/Guardians of Rising 7th Grade Students
- This is a reminder that South Carolina law requires that all students entering 7th grade receive one dose of the Tdap vaccine. Please plan to have your child vaccinated early, before the start of 7th grade. Please see the provided letter for more information at the following link: https://www.horrycountyschools.net/Page/13244
Important Notice - GSFH is a Closed Campus
- CLOSED CAMPUS: Please be reminded that GSFM/HS operates a "closed campus" system. Students are expected to remain in the building for the entire day once they arrive at school. Students do not leave campus without permission from the administration and the parents. Violation of this regulation is considered "cutting school" and is subject to disciplinary action. Students will not be allowed to leave the building and return except for scheduled doctor appointments that are confirmed with the doctor's office or when accompanied by a parent. Leaving campus to retrieve "forgotten" items, eat lunch, or take care of personal business will result in an unexcused absence and the student will not be allowed to return for any classes the remainder of the day unless special permission is given by the principal. No food is allowed to be delivered to students from an outside vendor.
Attention parents and students:
- All transportation notes for bus pickups, early dismissals, or any other transportation change must be sent to the front office first thing each morning. No verbal changes will be made over the telephone. It must be in writing or emailed to attendance and it must include a parent signature and a working contact number. A drop-off address should be included with bus notes. *These notes should be submitted prior to 1:00 pm each day. No changes or notes are accepted after this daily cut-off time.*
- Good school attendance is critical for student achievement.
- Visit this link for more information about the HCS attendance policy: Attendance Matters
ATTENTION SENIORS! - The FAFSA application opened up in October. All students interested in financial aid for college are required to complete this form, and many colleges require that all students complete FAFSA regardless. The application is free to submit. The FAFSA is available for filing online at https://fafsa.ed.gov.
To complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you will need:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your most recent federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- An FSA ID to sign electronically.
If you are a dependent student, then you will also need most of the above information for your parent(s).
The deadline for the 2020-2021 FAFSA is midnight, Central Time, June 30, 2020. The earlier you file, the more grant money you are likely to receive (up to twice as much). Filing early also helps to ensure you don’t miss FAFSA deadlines for state and college aid, which may differ from the federal deadline. You can find state FAFSA deadlines at https://fafsa.ed.gov/deadlines.htm. For a specific school’s FAFSA deadline, contact the college directly.
Google Classroom Scholarship Information
A Google Classroom for scholarship information has been created for grades 9-12. Interested students should join the classroom in order to see available scholarships. Please use the following classroom code to join: rvp1ge.
HCS Athletics Clear Bag Policy
- In order to provide a safe and secure environment for our parents, community members, students, athletes, staff, and officials, Horry County Schools has a Clear Bag Policy for all football and basketball games. School staff will continue to implement security checkpoints and approved bag searches.
- To see more specific information about the clear bag policy, visit the following link: HCS Athletics Clear Bag Policy.
- The Horry County Schools mobile app for both Apple and Android devices is available! Stay connected while you’re on the go with this FREE mobile app that will bring you the latest news and information about our schools. To learn more, click on the following link: HCS Mobile App Information.
Student Drop-Off Time
- Student drop-off time is 7:45 a.m. Doors open at 7:45 a.m. daily. Supervision is NOT provided in the mornings before 7:45 a.m.
- Students, please be reminded that you are tardy to school if you walk into your breakfast class after 8:25. Also, remember that every student will go through the metal detectors each morning. If necessary, please adjust your arrival time so that you make it to class on time. Attendance will not be delayed