- Green Sea Floyds Middle & High
- Green Sea Floyds Middle & High Homepage
For the most recent announcements and upcoming events, please visit our GSFH Facebook page daily and see the school calendar on our website. (A Facebook account is not required to be able to visit the GSFH Facebook page.)
Football Games Attendance Procedures
- Please click the following link for important information regarding football games this season. Please read through our guidelines on tickets, our clear bag policy, concession stand information, stadium seating, pre and post-game procedures, and more: Attending Football Games Information.
- Please contact Athletic Director Derek Martin with any questions.
PSAT Sign-up for 10th Grade Students
- Any 10th grade student that is interested in taking the PSAT (a practice test for the SAT) must sign up by completing the google form below. Students MUST sign up no later than September 25th. Students that sign up will be scheduled to take the PSAT on either October 14th or October 29th. ALL 10th grade students scheduled as A, B, G, or E students ARE eligible to participate. Interested students should sign up here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdAHo-1X0_dW_k6nRd38Ac51UuliFMbSbxPEAOJFwkKoPkSvA/viewform?usp=sf_link
Trojans Football Golf Tournament
- The Booster Club sponsored Green Sea Floyds Trojans Football Par 3 Golf Tournament will be held on Saturday, September 26, 2020 at 4:30 pm at the Diamondback Golf Course.
- The admission price is $35.
- Everyone will be playing their own ball so you may form groups as you wish.
- Food and prizes will be included.
- If you would like to sign up for the Golf Tournament, please contact either Derek Martin or Richard Gore at 843-392-3131.
Attention Seniors and parents of Seniors!
- Senior portraits will be on October 9 and 10! Appointments are available on Friday Oct. 9 from 4-8pm AND Saturday Oct. 10 from 10am-2pm.
- For more information and to schedule your appointment please go to: calendly.com/schoolbellstudio
- Go Trojans, class of 2021!
High School Student Council Applications
- Any student in grades 9-12 interested in being a member of the 2020-2021 Green Sea Floyds High School Student Council needs to complete the application found in their grade level google classrooms. Applications are due September 21. If you have any questions, please email Ms. Levine or Mr. Kienast.
- Here is the link to our Virtual Open House! We can’t wait to see students on Tuesday, September 8th, and Wednesday, September 9th!
- Open House
Horry County Schools Re-Opening Updates
- Visit this link for the latest re-opening information: HCS Re-Opening Updates.
Transcript Requests: Current and Former Students
- To request a transcript, click on the following link: Transcript Request.
Lady Trojans Basketball Girls
- Anyone interested in playing basketball in 2020-21, please email coach Kienast (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- In order to participate in sports, athletes should have all forms in PlanetHS/Arbiter Athletes completed and approved by Athletic Trainer Katy Campman. If you have any questions or issues, contact Ms. Campman.
- The physical form is available for any student interested in playing a sport this school year. To access the form, please follow the link below.
Attention Parents/Guardians of Rising 7th Grade Students
- This is a reminder that South Carolina law requires that all students entering 7th grade receive one dose of the Tdap vaccine. Please plan to have your child vaccinated early, before the start of 7th grade. Please see the provided letter for more information at the following link: https://www.horrycountyschools.net/Page/13244
Attention Seniors - Send Your College Acceptance Letters!
- As you receive your college acceptance letters, please send them to the guidance office. We want to celebrate all of your acceptances with you!
Important Notice - GSFH is a Closed Campus
- CLOSED CAMPUS: Please be reminded that GSFM/HS operates a "closed campus" system. Students are expected to remain in the building for the entire day once they arrive at school. Students do not leave campus without permission from the administration and the parents. Violation of this regulation is considered "cutting school" and is subject to disciplinary action. Students will not be allowed to leave the building and return except for scheduled doctor appointments that are confirmed with the doctor's office or when accompanied by a parent. Leaving campus to retrieve "forgotten" items, eat lunch, or take care of personal business will result in an unexcused absence and the student will not be allowed to return for any classes the remainder of the day unless special permission is given by the principal. No food is allowed to be delivered to students from an outside vendor.
2020-2021 Student Calendar
- Click on the following link to access the 2019-2020 Student Calendar
- 2020-2021 Student Calendar
Attention parents and students:
- All transportation notes for bus pickups, early dismissals, or any other transportation change must be sent to the front office first thing each morning. No verbal changes will be made over the telephone. It must be in writing or emailed to attendance and it must include a parent signature and a working contact number. A drop off address should be included with bus notes. *These notes should be submitted prior to 1:00 pm each day. No changes or notes accepted after this daily cut off time.*
- Good school attendance is critical for student achievement.
- Visit this link for more information about the HCS attendance policy: Attendance Matters
ATTENTION SENIORS! - The FAFSA application will open up in October. All students interested in financial aid for college are required to complete this form, and many colleges require that all students complete FAFSA regardless. The application is free to submit. The FAFSA is available for filing online at https://fafsa.ed.gov.
To complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you will need:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your most recent federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- An FSA ID to sign electronically.
If you are a dependent student, then you will also need most of the above information for your parent(s).
The deadline for the 2019-2020 FAFSA is midnight, Central Time, June 30, 2020. The earlier you file, the more grant money you are likely to receive (up to twice as much). Filing early also helps to ensure you don’t miss FAFSA deadlines for state and college aid, which may differ from the federal deadline. You can find state FAFSA deadlines at https://fafsa.ed.gov/deadlines.htm. For a specific school’s FAFSA deadline, contact the college directly.
Google Classroom Scholarship Information
A Google Classroom for scholarship information has been created for grades 9-12. Interested students should join the classroom in order to see available scholarships. Please use the following classroom code to join: rvp1ge.
High School Class Google Classroom Codes
- Below are the codes for students to join their respective grade Google Classrooms. This is the best way (besides announcements) for them to receive information. It is also how seniors will be voting for senior superlatives and submitting items for the yearbook. If a student joined his or her classroom last year, it is the same class, and they do not need to rejoin. However, it would help for them just to check that they are still in it.
- 10th- hixaisv
- 11th - bys77d
- 12th - q74iki
HCS Athletics Clear Bag Policy
- In order to provide a safe and secure environment for our parents, community members, students, athletes, staff, and officials, Horry County Schools has a Clear Bag Policy for all football and basketball games. School staff will continue to implement security checkpoints and approved bag searches.
- To see more specific information about the clear bag policy, visit the following link: HCS Athletics Clear Bag Policy.
- The Horry County Schools mobile app for both Apple and Android devices is available! Stay connected while you’re on the go with this FREE mobile app that will bring you the latest news and information about our schools. To learn more, click on the following link: HCS Mobile App Information.
Student Drop-Off Time
- Student drop-off time is 7:45 a.m. Doors open at 7:45 a.m. daily. Supervision is NOT provided in the mornings before 7:45 a.m.
- Students, please be reminded that you are tardy to school if you walk into your breakfast class after 8:25. Also, remember that every student will go through the metal detectors each morning. If necessary, please adjust your arrival time so that you make it to class on time. Attendance will not be delayed