- Green Sea Floyds Middle & High
- Green Sea Floyds Middle & High Homepage
For the most recent announcements and upcoming events, please visit our GSFH Facebook page daily and see the school calendar on our website. (A Facebook account is not required to be able to visit the GSFH Facebook page.)
2019-20 School Year Registration Information
- If you have not registered your child for the upcoming 2019-20 school year, please log into your PowerSchool Parent Portal and do so at this time. Please note that the Parent Portal will not be accessible from July 8th - July 15th due to updates for the new year.
- Find out everything you need to know about getting registered at HCS by clicking on the following link: https://www.horrycountyschools.net/Page/10126
- Open House will be held Thursday, August 15th from 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. Schedules may not be available for students that are not registered.
2019-2020 Student Calendar
- Click on the following link to access the 2019-2020 Student Calendar
- 2019-2020 Student Calendar
- All students athletes are reminded that new physicals are required to participate as of July 1st. All paperwork must also be updated on Arbiter Athlete.
- Doctors Care is offering $15 physicals from now until the end of July. Please contact a Doctors Care location with any questions.
- The physical form is available for any student interested in playing a sport next school year. To access the form, please follow the link below.
- All football players are reminded that new physicals are required to participate as of July 1st. All paperwork must also be updated on Arbiter Athlete.
- All rising 7th, 8th, and 9th grade boys who plan to play football on the GSF B-Team are reminded that workouts will begin for you on Tuesday, July 9th. Report to the cafeteria at 8:30. You will need football cleats as well as tennis shoes each day. Training will end each day (Tuesday and Thursday) at 11:30.
- Please contact Coach Kiefer with any questions at DKiefer@horrycountyschools.net.
HGTC Summer Camps
- Horry Georgetown Technical College is offering a variety of summer camp opportunities for students of all ages spanning a variety of interest areas. Interested parents and students can register at www.hgtc.edu/camps.
- As you receive your college acceptance letters, please bring them to the guidance office. We want to celebrate all of your acceptances with you!
Title 1 Parent Survey
- The Title 1 Parent Survey is now available. Parents, please take a few moments to visit the link below and complete the short survey regarding the 2017-2018 school year.
- Title I Parent Survey
Attention parents and students:
- All transportation notes for bus pickups, early dismissals, or any other transportation change must be sent to the front office first thing each morning. No verbal changes will be made over the telephone. It must be in writing or emailed to attendance and it must include a parent signature and a working contact number. A drop off address should be included with bus notes. *These notes should be submitted prior to 1:00 pm each day. No changes or notes accepted after this daily cut off time.*
- Good school attendance is critical for student achievement.
- Visit this link for more information about the HCS attendance policy: Attendance Matters
ATTENTION SENIORS! - The FAFSA application opened up on October 1, 2018. All students interested in financial aid for college are required to complete this form, and many colleges require that all students complete FAFSA regardless. The application is free to submit. The FAFSA is available for filing online at https://fafsa.ed.gov.
To complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you will need:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your most recent federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- An FSA ID to sign electronically.
If you are a dependent student, then you will also need most of the above information for your parent(s).
The deadline for the 2018-2019 FAFSA is midnight, Central Time, June 30, 2019. The earlier you file, the more grant money you are likely to receive (up to twice as much). Filing early also helps to ensure you don’t miss FAFSA deadlines for state and college aid, which may differ from the federal deadline. You can find state FAFSA deadlines at https://fafsa.ed.gov/deadlines.htm. For a specific school’s FAFSA deadline, contact the college directly.
Google Classroom Scholarship Information
A Google Classroom for scholarship information has been created for grades 9-12. Interested students should join the classroom in order to see available scholarships. Please use the following classroom code to join: rvp1ge.
High School Class Google Classroom Codes
- Below are the codes for students to join their respective grade Google Classrooms. This is the best way (besides announcements) for them to receive information. It is also how seniors will be voting for senior superlatives and submitting items for the yearbook. If a student joined his or her classroom last year, it is the same class, and they do not need to rejoin. However, it would help for them just to check that they are still in it.
- 9th: bys77d
- 10th: q74iki
- 11th: oqdohbm
- 12th: hixaisv
- Codes are also posted in the hallway outside of the teacher workroom on the main high school hallway.
HCS Announces Athletics Clear Bag Policy
- In order to provide a safe and secure environment for our parents, community members, students, athletes, staff, and officials, Horry County Schools will implement a Clear Bag Policy for all football and basketball games effective August 2018. School staff will continue to implement security checkpoints and approved bag searches.
- To see more specific information about the clear bag policy, visit the following link: HCS Athletics Clear Bag Policy.
Attention Parents/Guardians of Rising 7th Grade Students
- This is a reminder that South Carolina law requires that all students entering 7th grade receive one dose of the Tdap vaccine. Please plan to have your child vaccinated early, before the start of 7th grade. Please see the provided letter for more information at the following link: https://www.horrycountyschools.net/Page/13244
- The Horry County Schools mobile app for both Apple and Android devices is available! Stay connected while you’re on the go with this FREE mobile app that will bring you the latest news and information about our schools. To learn more, click on the following link: HCS Mobile App Information.
Student Drop-Off Time
- Student drop-off time is 7:30 a.m. Doors open at 7:30 a.m. daily. Supervision is NOT provided in the mornings before 7:30 a.m.
- Students, please be reminded that you are tardy to school if you walk into your breakfast class after 8:25. Also, remember that every student will go through the metal detectors each morning. If necessary, please adjust your arrival time so that you make it to class on time. Attendance will not be delayed