- Green Sea Floyds Middle & High
- Green Sea Floyds Middle & High Homepage
For the most recent announcements and upcoming events, please visit our GSFH Facebook page daily and see the school calendar on our website. (A Facebook account is not required to be able to visit the GSFH Facebook page.)
- Practices suspended until furthter notice.
- All students interested in playing football in the Fall, grades 7th-12th, must have a physical on file and have a signed assumption of risk form completed that is linked below.
Lady Trojans Basketball Girls
- Anyone interested in playing basketball in 2020-21, please email coach Kienast (email@example.com).
School Registration for 2020-2021
- Registration for returning students opened Monday, May 4th. Parents were sent an email asking them to please login to their Parent Portal account and complete registration for the 20-21 school year. The link is located on the left side of the screen in the parent portal (Registration 2020-2021). We ask that you please complete your child’s registration as soon as possible.
- If you are unable to login or have questions concerning registration, please contact Kim Strickland via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- In order to participate in sports, athletes should have all forms in PlanetHS/Arbiter Athletes completed and approved by Athletic Trainer Katy Campman. If you have any questions or issues, contact Ms. Campman.
- The physical form is available for any student interested in playing a sport this school year. To access the form, please follow the link below.
Cathlolic Charities Offers Back to School Assistance for 2020 to Horry County Schools Families.
- Registration is required for this assistance. To schedule an appointment, please call Catholic Charities Pee Dee at: 843.438.3108 from May 26-July 31st, 2020.
- Appointments are first come, first serve until all slots are filled. Assistance will only be available to families who are pre-registered and have an appointment the day of the event! NO EXCEPTIONS!
- A Day Of Hope is in its 6th year of helping Horry County children in need. They provide backpacks filled with school supplies, new shoes and socks, family household supply bags, vision and dental screenings, haircuts, along with encouraging messages of hope. Families /Guardians need to pre-register their children in order to have an appointment time set up for the day of the event.
Attention Parents/Guardians of Rising 7th Grade Students
- This is a reminder that South Carolina law requires that all students entering 7th grade receive one dose of the Tdap vaccine. Please plan to have your child vaccinated early, before the start of 7th grade. Please see the provided letter for more information at the following link: https://www.horrycountyschools.net/Page/13244
Class of 2020 Valedictorian & Salutatorian
- Congratulations to Grace Elliott for being named as the valedictorian for the GSFH Class of 2020!
- Congratulations to Hillary Todd for being named as the salutatorian for the GSFH Class of 2020!
- Congratulations to the following students for being selected as our 2020 Junior Marshals:
- Grant Blevins
- Bailey Parsons
- Abby Marlowe
- Aaron Ford
- Jade Bullock
- Caroline Elliott
- Abigail Lovett
- Nick Clemons
We Miss Our Trojan Family!
We sure are missing our Trojan Family! Check out these words of encouragement from the Green Sea Floyds Middle/High Teachers and Staff to our Trojans! Stay safe and stay Trojan Strong!
Attention Seniors - Send Your College Acceptance Letters!
- As you receive your college acceptance letters, please send them to the guidance office. We want to celebrate all of your acceptances with you!
Important Notice - GSFH is a Closed Campus
- CLOSED CAMPUS: Please be reminded that GSFM/HS operates a "closed campus" system. Students are expected to remain in the building for the entire day once they arrive at school. Students do not leave campus without permission from the administration and the parents. Violation of this regulation is considered "cutting school" and is subject to disciplinary action. Students will not be allowed to leave the building and return except for scheduled doctor appointments that are confirmed with the doctor's office or when accompanied by a parent. Leaving campus to retrieve "forgotten" items, eat lunch, or take care of personal business will result in an unexcused absence and the student will not be allowed to return for any classes the remainder of the day unless special permission is given by the principal. No food is allowed to be delivered to students from an outside vendor.
2020-2021 Student Calendar
- Click on the following link to access the 2019-2020 Student Calendar
- 2020-2021 Student Calendar
Attention parents and students:
- All transportation notes for bus pickups, early dismissals, or any other transportation change must be sent to the front office first thing each morning. No verbal changes will be made over the telephone. It must be in writing or emailed to attendance and it must include a parent signature and a working contact number. A drop off address should be included with bus notes. *These notes should be submitted prior to 1:00 pm each day. No changes or notes accepted after this daily cut off time.*
- Good school attendance is critical for student achievement.
- Visit this link for more information about the HCS attendance policy: Attendance Matters
ATTENTION SENIORS! - The FAFSA application will open up in October. All students interested in financial aid for college are required to complete this form, and many colleges require that all students complete FAFSA regardless. The application is free to submit. The FAFSA is available for filing online at https://fafsa.ed.gov.
To complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you will need:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your most recent federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- An FSA ID to sign electronically.
If you are a dependent student, then you will also need most of the above information for your parent(s).
The deadline for the 2019-2020 FAFSA is midnight, Central Time, June 30, 2020. The earlier you file, the more grant money you are likely to receive (up to twice as much). Filing early also helps to ensure you don’t miss FAFSA deadlines for state and college aid, which may differ from the federal deadline. You can find state FAFSA deadlines at https://fafsa.ed.gov/deadlines.htm. For a specific school’s FAFSA deadline, contact the college directly.
Google Classroom Scholarship Information
A Google Classroom for scholarship information has been created for grades 9-12. Interested students should join the classroom in order to see available scholarships. Please use the following classroom code to join: rvp1ge.
High School Class Google Classroom Codes
- Below are the codes for students to join their respective grade Google Classrooms. This is the best way (besides announcements) for them to receive information. It is also how seniors will be voting for senior superlatives and submitting items for the yearbook. If a student joined his or her classroom last year, it is the same class, and they do not need to rejoin. However, it would help for them just to check that they are still in it.
- 10th- hixaisv
- 11th - bys77d
- 12th - q74iki
HCS Athletics Clear Bag Policy
- In order to provide a safe and secure environment for our parents, community members, students, athletes, staff, and officials, Horry County Schools has a Clear Bag Policy for all football and basketball games. School staff will continue to implement security checkpoints and approved bag searches.
- To see more specific information about the clear bag policy, visit the following link: HCS Athletics Clear Bag Policy.
- The Horry County Schools mobile app for both Apple and Android devices is available! Stay connected while you’re on the go with this FREE mobile app that will bring you the latest news and information about our schools. To learn more, click on the following link: HCS Mobile App Information.
Student Drop-Off Time
- Student drop-off time is 7:30 a.m. Doors open at 7:30 a.m. daily. Supervision is NOT provided in the mornings before 7:30 a.m.
- Students, please be reminded that you are tardy to school if you walk into your breakfast class after 8:25. Also, remember that every student will go through the metal detectors each morning. If necessary, please adjust your arrival time so that you make it to class on time. Attendance will not be delayed