- Green Sea Floyds Middle & High
- Green Sea Floyds Middle & High Homepage
For the most recent announcements and upcoming events, please visit our GSFH Facebook page daily and see the school calendar on our website. (A Facebook account is not required to be able to visit the GSFH Facebook page.)
Black History Month Presentation
- In celebration of Black History Month, please see our school's COVID-19 version of our Black History Program by following the link below. Thank you to Ms. Laura Young for putting this amazing presentation together!
- Black History Month Program Presentation
Jostens Sophomore Class Ring Orders - Attention students and parents!
- Did you miss the Jostens Class Ring Meeting? If so, follow this link to Watch the Jostens Class Ring Meeting Video.
Buy Your Yearbook Today!
- This week is the LAST week to guarantee your child a yearbook. We will only order a limited number of extras to sell, so go ahead and reserve your copy! If you would like to buy your child a yearbook, please bring $55 cash or check to Mrs. Cahill in room 231 or pay with a card in the front office. You can also order online with the link below.
- Click this link for online order!
Virtual College Prep Day for Juniors and Seniors
- The Conway Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. is sponsoring a Virtual College Prep Day for juniors and seniors and their parents on Saturday, February 20th from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm. Several colleges are scheduled to attend: South Carolina State University, University of South Carolina, CCU, HGTC, Morris College, Clemson University, just to name a few. Many of the Colleges will also offer application waiver codes. A financial aid representative will be available as well. Please encourage your students to register for this event.
- To register, send an email to email@example.com to receive your Zoom link to attend.
SAT & ACT Testing for 11th Graders
- ACT is scheduled for Tuesday, February 23rd
- SAT is scheduled for Wednesday, March 3rd
- Don't forget to check out available scholarship opportunities: https://www.horrycountyschools.net/Page/12740.
Student Wins Poetry Contest
- Congrats to freshman, Katie Freeman, for being selected to be published in the Appelly Publishing 2021 Rising Stars Collection for her poem, "A Day In a Mask". By getting published in their collection, she is also entered in their National Poetry Contest to compete for cash prizes and scholarships! She will be a published author at the age of 15! We are so proud of you Katie!
- Congratulations to Kristen Bullock for making Region Orchestra for the 2020-2021 school year. We are so proud of you Kristen!
High School Program Open House Dates
- Please follow the link below to learn more about all high school program open house dates.
Trojan Battalion Book Drive
- Green Sea Floyds Middle/High School Army JROTC is conducting a book drive to collect, catalog, and deliver all kinds of books to correctional facilities in North and South Carolina. The project is helping to sustain and grow literacy programs in those facilities.
- The book drive offers the cadets an opportunity to engage in a service-learning experience supporting the JROTC mission of motivating young people to become better citizens.
- Conducted from August – December 2020, so far the cadets have collected over 1,200 books and have delivered 1,047 books to four facilities.
Basketball Game Ticket Information
- All basketball tickets will be sold online at greenseafloydstrojans.com. Tickets go on sale to the public one week before each game date. If you are a booster club all sports card member or parent of a basketball player/cheerleader, tickets will be available for purchase two weeks before each game date. A code and directions will be sent home with your child this week. GO TROJANS!
- Congratulations to the following students for being selected to participate in the 2021 SC All-State Chorus:
- Juan Arias Vega
- Grant Blevins
- Aaron Ford
- Lexis Rhodes
- These students submitted virtual auditions this year to win these positions. They will be attending the All-State Chorus Clinic in May in Rock Hill, SC performing with students from all over the state. This is the highest honor for a high school choral singer in our state and is a major accomplishment for these students. Please tell them congratulations when you see them!
It's More Than a Meal
- Beginning Tuesday, November 17th, the USDA is covering the cost for additional free meals during the 2020-2021 school year for ALL HCS STUDENTS due to the COVID-19 pandemic. To see all details, click this link: It's More Than a Meal Flyer.
Letterman Jacket Orders
- It's time to order your GSFH Letterman Jacket!
- To order your jacket, follow these steps:
- Visit us online at www.jostensjacketshop.com
- Click on “Varsity Jackets”
- Use the drop-down box (search by state) and select your state
- *CHEAT: Once you get to step 3, without having to search by state, put in the password 037134 and it will take you directly to your school’s order page.
- Choose your school and order!
- Follow this link to view the sizing chart: Letterman Jacket Sizing Chart
JROTC Awards Ceremony
- The 2019-2020 JROTC Awards Ceremony was held on October 26th & 28th to recognize the students from last school year. The ceremony had to be canceled in the spring due to COVID. To see the awards recipients, please click on the JROTC News link below.
- JROTC News
2020-2021 Homecoming Queen & King
- Congratulations to Abby Marlowe and Jaquan Dixon for being chosen as our new Homecoming Queen and King! Teresita Perez and Freddy Serrato were the first runner-up couple. Congratulations to all of the couples that were selected to be in our 2020-2021 Homecoming Court!
- Homecoming Court:
- Caroline Davis and Aaron Graham
- Juna Gregg and Da'Shan Scott
- Shronda Jackson and Xavier Edwards
- Abigail Marlowe and Jaquan Dixon
- Teresita Perez and Freddy Serrato
- Bailey Parsons and Hayden Enzor
Transcript Requests: Current and Former Students
- To request a transcript, click on the following link: Transcript Request.
- In order to participate in sports, athletes should have all forms in PlanetHS/Arbiter Athletes completed and approved by Athletic Trainer Katy Campman. If you have any questions or issues, contact Ms. Campman.
- The physical form is available for any student interested in playing a sport this school year. To access the form, please follow the link below.
Attention Parents/Guardians of Rising 7th Grade Students
- This is a reminder that South Carolina law requires that all students entering 7th grade receive one dose of the Tdap vaccine. Please plan to have your child vaccinated early, before the start of 7th grade. Please see the provided letter for more information at the following link: https://www.horrycountyschools.net/Page/13244
Attention Seniors - Send Your College Acceptance Letters!
- As you receive your college acceptance letters, please send them to the guidance office. We want to celebrate all of your acceptances with you!
Important Notice - GSFH is a Closed Campus
- CLOSED CAMPUS: Please be reminded that GSFM/HS operates a "closed campus" system. Students are expected to remain in the building for the entire day once they arrive at school. Students do not leave campus without permission from the administration and the parents. Violation of this regulation is considered "cutting school" and is subject to disciplinary action. Students will not be allowed to leave the building and return except for scheduled doctor appointments that are confirmed with the doctor's office or when accompanied by a parent. Leaving campus to retrieve "forgotten" items, eat lunch, or take care of personal business will result in an unexcused absence and the student will not be allowed to return for any classes the remainder of the day unless special permission is given by the principal. No food is allowed to be delivered to students from an outside vendor.
2020-2021 Student Calendar
- Click on the following link to access the 2019-2020 Student Calendar
- 2020-2021 Student Calendar
Attention parents and students:
- All transportation notes for bus pickups, early dismissals, or any other transportation change must be sent to the front office first thing each morning. No verbal changes will be made over the telephone. It must be in writing or emailed to attendance and it must include a parent signature and a working contact number. A drop off address should be included with bus notes. *These notes should be submitted prior to 1:00 pm each day. No changes or notes accepted after this daily cut-off time.*
- Good school attendance is critical for student achievement.
- Visit this link for more information about the HCS attendance policy: Attendance Matters
ATTENTION SENIORS! - The FAFSA application opened up in October. All students interested in financial aid for college are required to complete this form, and many colleges require that all students complete FAFSA regardless. The application is free to submit. The FAFSA is available for filing online at https://fafsa.ed.gov.
To complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you will need:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your most recent federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- An FSA ID to sign electronically.
If you are a dependent student, then you will also need most of the above information for your parent(s).
The deadline for the 2020-2021 FAFSA is midnight, Central Time, June 30, 2020. The earlier you file, the more grant money you are likely to receive (up to twice as much). Filing early also helps to ensure you don’t miss FAFSA deadlines for state and college aid, which may differ from the federal deadline. You can find state FAFSA deadlines at https://fafsa.ed.gov/deadlines.htm. For a specific school’s FAFSA deadline, contact the college directly.
Google Classroom Scholarship Information
A Google Classroom for scholarship information has been created for grades 9-12. Interested students should join the classroom in order to see available scholarships. Please use the following classroom code to join: rvp1ge.
High School Class Google Classroom Codes
- Below are the codes for students to join their respective grade Google Classrooms. This is the best way (besides announcements) for them to receive information. It is also how seniors will be voting for senior superlatives and submitting items for the yearbook. If a student joined his or her classroom last year, it is the same class, and they do not need to rejoin. However, it would help for them just to check that they are still in it.
- 10th- hixaisv
- 11th - bys77d
- 12th - q74iki
HCS Athletics Clear Bag Policy
- In order to provide a safe and secure environment for our parents, community members, students, athletes, staff, and officials, Horry County Schools has a Clear Bag Policy for all football and basketball games. School staff will continue to implement security checkpoints and approved bag searches.
- To see more specific information about the clear bag policy, visit the following link: HCS Athletics Clear Bag Policy.
- The Horry County Schools mobile app for both Apple and Android devices is available! Stay connected while you’re on the go with this FREE mobile app that will bring you the latest news and information about our schools. To learn more, click on the following link: HCS Mobile App Information.
Student Drop-Off Time
- Student drop-off time is 7:45 a.m. Doors open at 7:45 a.m. daily. Supervision is NOT provided in the mornings before 7:45 a.m.
- Students, please be reminded that you are tardy to school if you walk into your breakfast class after 8:25. Also, remember that every student will go through the metal detectors each morning. If necessary, please adjust your arrival time so that you make it to class on time. Attendance will not be delayed