- Green Sea Floyds Middle & High
- Green Sea Floyds Middle & High Homepage
For the most recent announcements and upcoming events, please visit our GSFH Facebook page daily and see the school calendar on our website. (A Facebook account is not required to be able to visit the GSFH Facebook page.
Conway Medical Center Thanksgiving Tournament
Join us for the Conway Medical Center Thanksgiving Tournament that begins this Friday. Come cheer on the Lady Trojans and the visiting teams as they launch the 2018-2019 basketball season!
4:00 PM Green Sea Floyds vs Marlboro Academy
5:30 PM Oceanside Collegiate Academy vs Pee Dee Academy
7:00 PM Marion vs Calhoun County
8:30 PM Loris vs Carvers Bay
1:00 PM Loser G1 vs Loser G2
2:30 PM Loser G3 vs Loser G4
4:00 PM Winner G1 vs Winner G2
5:30 PM Winner G3 vs Winner G4
4:00 PM Loser G5 vs Loser G6
5:30 PM Winner G5 vs Winner G6
7:00 PM Loser G7 vs Loser G8
8:30 PM Winner G7 vs Winner G8
Contact Coach Tracy Kienast with any questions.
GSFHS Homecoming Photography Website
- Attention Parents and Students!
- If you wish to view and purchase pictures of the GSFHS Homecoming, please use the following link to access the School Bell Studio website.
- Login Code is: GSFHSHC
- If you need any assistance, please call 843-421-5308.
- Mark D. Bell – President
Attention Eighth-Grade Students!
- Eighth-grade baby pictures are due to Ms. Young by November 16th. You can email the pictures to email@example.com or take them to Room 406.
Student Council Food Drive
- The HS/MS student councils will be hosting a food drive for the Salvation Army Food Bank from Oct 29th through November 16th.
- Please bring your non-perishable items to your advisory class (HS students) or your 1st period class (MS students). The advisory class that has the most items will be awarded a treat (only those who donate will receive the treat)!
- The ASVAB exam will be given here on December 6th. Any Junior or Senior interested in taking the ASVAB must sign up in Guidance no later than November 26th.
- To learn more about ASVAB, follow this site: http://official-asvab.com/index.htm.
Elliott Selected to the All-State Team
- Congratulations to Grace Elliott for being selected to the 2018 Class A All-State Volleyball team!
- The Title 1 Parent Survey is now available. Parents, please take a few moments to visit the link below and complete the short survey regarding the 2017-2018 school year.
- Title I Parent Survey
Attention parents and students:
- All transportation notes for bus pickups, early dismissals, or any other transportation change must be sent to the front office first thing each morning. No verbal changes will be made over the telephone. It must be in writing or emailed to attendance and it must include a parent signature and a working contact number. A drop off address should be included with bus notes. *These notes should be submitted prior to 1:00 pm each day. No changes or notes accepted after this daily cut off time.*
- Good school attendance is critical for student achievement.
- Visit this link for more information about the HCS attendance policy: Attendance Matters
ATTENTION SENIORS! - The FAFSA application opened up on October 1, 2018. All students interested in financial aid for college are required to complete this form, and many colleges require that all students complete FAFSA regardless. The application is free to submit. The FAFSA is available for filing online at https://fafsa.ed.gov. *The Parent Resource Center will be open from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm Monday through Friday if you would like to come in and use the computers to file for FAFSA.*
To complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you will need:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your most recent federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- An FSA ID to sign electronically.
If you are a dependent student, then you will also need most of the above information for your parent(s).
The deadline for the 2018-2019 FAFSA is midnight, Central Time, June 30, 2019. The earlier you file, the more grant money you are likely to receive (up to twice as much). Filing early also helps to ensure you don’t miss FAFSA deadlines for state and college aid, which may differ from the federal deadline. You can find state FAFSA deadlines at https://fafsa.ed.gov/deadlines.htm. For a specific school’s FAFSA deadline, contact the college directly.
Google Classroom Scholarship Information
A Google Classroom for scholarship information has been created for grades 9-12. Interested students should join the classroom in order to see available scholarships. Please use the following classroom code to join: rvp1ge.
High School Class Google Classroom Codes
- Below are the codes for students to join their respective grade Google Classrooms. This is the best way (besides announcements) for them to receive information. It is also how seniors will be voting for senior superlatives and submitting items for the yearbook. If a student joined his or her classroom last year, it is the same class, and they do not need to rejoin. However, it would help for them just to check that they are still in it.
- 9th: bys77d
- 10th: q74iki
- 11th: oqdohbm
- 12th: hixaisv
- Codes are also posted in the hallway outside of the teacher workroom on the main high school hallway.
Yearbooks For Sale
- High school yearbooks are for sale for $60. Please see Heather Levine with any questions.
- Middle School yearbooks are for sale for $35 through October 5th. Please see Laura Young with any questions.
HCS Announces Athletics Clear Bag Policy
- In order to provide a safe and secure environment for our parents, community members, students, athletes, staff, and officials, Horry County Schools will implement a Clear Bag Policy for all football and basketball games effective August 2018. School staff will continue to implement security checkpoints and approved bag searches.
- To see more specific information about the clear bag policy, visit the following link: HCS Athletics Clear Bag Policy.
2018-2019 Student Calendar
- Click on the following link to access the 2018-2019 Student Calendar
- 2018-2019 Student Calendar
Attention Parents/Guardians of Rising 7th Grade Students
- This is a reminder that South Carolina law requires that all students entering 7th grade receive one dose of the Tdap vaccine. Please plan to have your child vaccinated early, before the start of 7th grade. Please see the provided letter for more information at the following link: https://www.horrycountyschools.net/Page/13244
- The new Horry County Schools mobile app for both Apple and Android devices is ready for launch! Stay connected while you’re on the go with this FREE mobile app that will bring you the latest news and information about our schools. To learn more, click on the following link: HCS Mobile App Information.
Student Drop-Off Time
- Student drop-off time is 7:30 a.m. Doors open at 7:30 a.m. daily. Supervision is NOT provided in the mornings before 7:30 a.m.
- Students, please be reminded that you are tardy to school if you walk into your breakfast class after 8:25. Also, remember that every student will go through the metal detectors each morning. If necessary, please adjust your arrival time so that you make it to class on time. Attendance will not be delayed