- Green Sea Floyds Middle & High
- Green Sea Floyds Middle & High Homepage
For the most recent announcements and upcoming events, please visit our GSFH Facebook page daily and see the school calendar on our website. (A Facebook account is not required to be able to visit the GSFH Facebook page.)
Little Lady Trojans Basketball Camp
- June 10-11
- Cost: $20
- Time: 10 AM – 1 PM each day
- For: Rising 4th-6th graders
- Form must be turned in before June 1
- Lady Trojans Basketball Camp Form
- Contact Tracy Kienast with any questions
The JROTC Awards Banquet and Ceremony
- The JROTC Awards Banquet and Ceremony will be held in the school cafeteria and auditorium on Friday, May 24, 2019 starting at 6:00 pm for the Banquet and 7:00 pm for the Ceremony. Family and friends are welcome to attend. There is a $5 fee for family and friends who wish to eat dinner at the banquet. All 1st and 2nd semester JROTC students will receive their training certificates and select students will receive performance and leadership awards. We hope to see you there!
Teacher Cadet Program for the 2019/2020 School Year
- Any rising Junior or Senior interested in the Teacher Cadet Program for the 2019/2020 school year, please see Ms. Amy Gore or Ms. Diana in guidance.
- This is an excellent opportunity to earn free college credits, have lots of educational fun, and explore the option of teaching. Teacher cadet students will partner with our local elementary school and other internship programs.
STEM/Pre-Engineering class for the 2019/2020 school year
- Any High School Student interested in the STEM/Pre-Engineering class for the 2019/2020 school year, please let Ms. Sloan (HS Science) or Ms. Diana (HS Guidance) know of your interest.
- Doctors Care is offering $15 physicals from now until the end of July. Please contact a Doctors Care location with any questions.
Senior Awards Program
- Seniors are invited to attend the Green Sea Floyds High School Senior Academic Awards Program on Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. The program will be held in the High School auditorium. Seniors are required to be at the school by 5:30 p.m.
- Parents or guardians are cordially invited to attend the program.
- All seniors attending the program will wear their cap, gown, and tassel. If your child has not yet paid for their graduation supplies, you are encouraged to take care of this immediately.
Reminder to Seniors and Senior Parents!
- Please bring any college acceptance letters as well as any scholarship information you have been awarded into the guidance office now.
- Thursday, May 30th - 1st & 3rd Blocks
- Friday, May 31st - 2nd & 4th Blocks
High School Underclassmen Exams
- Wednesday, June 5th - 1st & 3rd Blocks
- Thursday, June 6th - 2nd & 4th Blocks
IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO SENIORS
- If you have not paid for your graduation supplies from Rhodes, you are encouraged to do so as quickly as possible. There are events scheduled such as the Senior Grad Walk at GSFE & GSFH, cap & gown group pictures, and Senior Awards Night in May. Seniors will need their cap, gown, and tassel for these events. Payment should be made online to RHODESGRADUATION.COM.
- Also Seniors please remember, all school fees must be paid in full and prior to graduation day in order to attend graduation practice and to walk on graduation night.
Upcoming Middle School Testing
- Thursday, May 9th - ELA Writing
- Friday, May 10th - ELA Reading
- Monday, May 13th - ELA Make Up for ELA testing
- Tuesday, May 14th - Math
- Wednesday, May 15th - Science/Social Studies
- Thursday, Monday May 16th to 20th - Make up for SC - Ready/SC PASS
- Thursday, May 16th - English I EOC Writing
- Tuesday, May 21st – English I EOC
- Thursday, May 23rd- Algebra I
- Please make sure your student is well rested! Good luck to them all!
HGTC Summer Camps
- Horry Georgetown Technical College is offering a variety of summer camp opportunities for students of all ages spanning a variety of interest areas. Interested parents and students can register at www.hgtc.edu/camps.
2019-20 HCS Physical Form Now Available
- The new physical form is now available for any student interested in playing a sport next school year. To access the form, please follow the link below.
- 2019-20 HCS Physical Form
High School EOC Test Dates
English 2: Field Test: May 15th Writing, May 21st Reading
English 1: May 16th Writing, May 29th Reading
Biology: May 30th
Algebra: May 31st
US History: May 31st
2019-20 School Year Registration Information
- Find out everything you need to know about getting registered at HCS by clicking on the following link: https://www.horrycountyschools.net/Page/10126
Middle School Chorus Collecting Tabs
- The Middle School Chorus is collecting can tabs for the Ronald McDonald House in support of Tanner Buffkin's fight against cancer. Please contact Mrs. Edge with any questions.
- Ronald McDonald House
Baseball Hats for Sale
- We have extra baseball hats for sale. The price is $15 each. These come in fitted sizes and will need to be tried on before purchase. See Coach Derek Martin to purchase one.
- The Class of 2019 Senior Superlatives have been decided! To see who they are, click on the link below.
- Senior Superlatives
SC Governor's School for Science and Mathematics
- Please follow the following links to learn about the Accelerate and Team Up Programs available for 10th - 12th grade students:
State Championship DVDs For Sale
- We now have DVDs of the State Championship Football game for sale. Please contact Kim Strickland or Henry Martin at 843-392-3131 to get a copy. The cost is $10 each for a picked up copy or $15 each if you need it shipped. All profits will be donated straight to the football program.
- As you receive your college acceptance letters, please bring them to the guidance office. We want to celebrate all of your acceptances with you!
GSFHS Homecoming Photography Website
- Attention Parents and Students!
- If you wish to view and purchase pictures of the GSFHS Homecoming, please use the following link to access the School Bell Studio website.
- Login Code is: GSFHSHC
- If you need any assistance, please call 843-421-5308.
- Mark D. Bell – President
Title 1 Parent Survey
- The Title 1 Parent Survey is now available. Parents, please take a few moments to visit the link below and complete the short survey regarding the 2017-2018 school year.
- Title I Parent Survey
Attention parents and students:
- All transportation notes for bus pickups, early dismissals, or any other transportation change must be sent to the front office first thing each morning. No verbal changes will be made over the telephone. It must be in writing or emailed to attendance and it must include a parent signature and a working contact number. A drop off address should be included with bus notes. *These notes should be submitted prior to 1:00 pm each day. No changes or notes accepted after this daily cut off time.*
- Good school attendance is critical for student achievement.
- Visit this link for more information about the HCS attendance policy: Attendance Matters
ATTENTION SENIORS! - The FAFSA application opened up on October 1, 2018. All students interested in financial aid for college are required to complete this form, and many colleges require that all students complete FAFSA regardless. The application is free to submit. The FAFSA is available for filing online at https://fafsa.ed.gov. *The Parent Resource Center will be open from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm Monday through Friday if you would like to come in and use the computers to file for FAFSA.*
To complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you will need:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your most recent federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- An FSA ID to sign electronically.
If you are a dependent student, then you will also need most of the above information for your parent(s).
The deadline for the 2018-2019 FAFSA is midnight, Central Time, June 30, 2019. The earlier you file, the more grant money you are likely to receive (up to twice as much). Filing early also helps to ensure you don’t miss FAFSA deadlines for state and college aid, which may differ from the federal deadline. You can find state FAFSA deadlines at https://fafsa.ed.gov/deadlines.htm. For a specific school’s FAFSA deadline, contact the college directly.
Google Classroom Scholarship Information
A Google Classroom for scholarship information has been created for grades 9-12. Interested students should join the classroom in order to see available scholarships. Please use the following classroom code to join: rvp1ge.
High School Class Google Classroom Codes
- Below are the codes for students to join their respective grade Google Classrooms. This is the best way (besides announcements) for them to receive information. It is also how seniors will be voting for senior superlatives and submitting items for the yearbook. If a student joined his or her classroom last year, it is the same class, and they do not need to rejoin. However, it would help for them just to check that they are still in it.
- 9th: bys77d
- 10th: q74iki
- 11th: oqdohbm
- 12th: hixaisv
- Codes are also posted in the hallway outside of the teacher workroom on the main high school hallway.
Yearbooks For Sale
- High school yearbooks are for sale for $60. Please see Heather Levine with any questions.
- Middle School yearbooks are for sale for $45 through October 5th. Please see Laura Young with any questions.
HCS Announces Athletics Clear Bag Policy
- In order to provide a safe and secure environment for our parents, community members, students, athletes, staff, and officials, Horry County Schools will implement a Clear Bag Policy for all football and basketball games effective August 2018. School staff will continue to implement security checkpoints and approved bag searches.
- To see more specific information about the clear bag policy, visit the following link: HCS Athletics Clear Bag Policy.
2018-2019 Student Calendar
- Click on the following link to access the 2018-2019 Student Calendar
- 2018-2019 Student Calendar
Attention Parents/Guardians of Rising 7th Grade Students
- This is a reminder that South Carolina law requires that all students entering 7th grade receive one dose of the Tdap vaccine. Please plan to have your child vaccinated early, before the start of 7th grade. Please see the provided letter for more information at the following link: https://www.horrycountyschools.net/Page/13244
- The new Horry County Schools mobile app for both Apple and Android devices is ready for launch! Stay connected while you’re on the go with this FREE mobile app that will bring you the latest news and information about our schools. To learn more, click on the following link: HCS Mobile App Information.
Student Drop-Off Time
- Student drop-off time is 7:30 a.m. Doors open at 7:30 a.m. daily. Supervision is NOT provided in the mornings before 7:30 a.m.
- Students, please be reminded that you are tardy to school if you walk into your breakfast class after 8:25. Also, remember that every student will go through the metal detectors each morning. If necessary, please adjust your arrival time so that you make it to class on time. Attendance will not be delayed