- Green Sea Floyds Middle & High
- Green Sea Floyds Middle & High Homepage
For the most recent announcements and upcoming events, please visit our GSFH Facebook page daily and see the school calendar on our website. (A Facebook account is not required to be able to visit the GSFH Facebook page.)
- Unity Day is WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2021
- WEAR AND SHARE ORANGE to show unity for kindness, acceptance, and inclusion and to also send a visible message that no child should ever experience bullying.
Basketball Cheerleader Tryouts
- See your grade level Google Classroom (7th - 12th) for information about upcoming basketball cheerleader tryouts.
- The deadline is October 27th.
Makeup Picture Day
- Makeup picture day is Monday, November 8th for seniors and underclassmen.
- Congratulations to Kristen Bullock for making it into Region Orchestra for the second year in a row!
Senior Baby Photos
- Seniors, please submit baby pictures for the yearbook in the Senior Google Classroom no later than October 29, 2021.
High School Daily Schedule
- We will have a new daily schedule beginning Monday, August 30th. Lunch is being moved back to the classroom. You will have lunch with your SEL/Advisory class. Please see the new schedule below:
Breakfast (SEL Class) - 7:45 to 8:32 (Tardy after 8:25)
1st Block - 8:35 to 10:05
2nd Block - 10:08 to 11:38
SEL/Advisory - 11:41 to 12:03
Lunch with SEL - 12:03 to 12:24
3rd Block - 12:27 to 1:57
4th Block - 2:00 to 3:30
- If you would like to purchase photos from the Class of 2021 Graduation, follow this link: Graduation Photos.
Student Council Officers Selected
- Congratulations to the following students for being selected for the 2021-2022 Student Council! Your first meeting will be Friday, July 9th at 10:00 am in the Community Room.
- Student Body: President - Elena Rhodes; Vice President - Shayla Hardee; Secretary - Banks Lovett
- Senior Class: President - Hannah Lovett; Representatives - Austin Damron, Auron Moore, & Brooklyn Sawyer
- Junior Class: President - Camden Strickland; Representatives - Makala Coleman, Isabella Jeter, & Hugh Strickland
- Sophomore Class: President - Mary Willoughby; Vice President - Peyton Basso; Representatives - Cassidy Keane & Ava Mauldin
- Freshman Class: President - Aidyn Martin; Vice President - Allyn Martin; Representatives: Eavin Kinney, Raegan Mincey & Eli Powell
- Seniors, please email or bring in a copy of any scholarships you receive from any colleges to the guidance office, whether you plan to attend there or not.
- In order to participate in sports, athletes should have all forms in PlanetHS/Arbiter Athletes completed and approved by Athletic Trainer Katy Campman. If you have any questions or issues, contact Ms. Campman.
- The physical form is available for any student interested in playing a sport for the 2021-22 school year. To access the form, please follow the link below.
- Please help us congratulate our very own GSFM Teacher of the Year, Mrs. Sheila Fry! She was selected as a Top 10 semi-finalist for HCS Teacher of the Year 2021-2022! We are so proud to have her representing our Green Sea Floyds Trojan Family!
- Don't forget to check out available scholarship opportunities: https://www.horrycountyschools.net/Page/12740.
Letterman Jacket Orders
- It's time to order your GSFH Letterman Jacket!
- To order your jacket, follow these steps:
- Visit us online at www.jostensjacketshop.com
- Click on “Varsity Jackets”
- Use the drop-down box (search by state) and select your state
- *CHEAT: Once you get to step 3, without having to search by state, put in the password 037134 and it will take you directly to your school’s order page.
- Choose your school and order!
- Follow this link to view the sizing chart: Letterman Jacket Sizing Chart
Transcript Requests: Current and Former Students
- To request a transcript, click on the following link: Transcript Request.
Attention Parents/Guardians of Rising 7th Grade Students
- This is a reminder that South Carolina law requires that all students entering 7th grade receive one dose of the Tdap vaccine. Please plan to have your child vaccinated early, before the start of 7th grade. Please see the provided letter for more information at the following link: https://www.horrycountyschools.net/Page/13244
Attention Seniors - Send Your College Acceptance Letters!
- As you receive your college acceptance letters, please send them to the guidance office. We want to celebrate all of your acceptances with you!
Important Notice - GSFH is a Closed Campus
- CLOSED CAMPUS: Please be reminded that GSFM/HS operates a "closed campus" system. Students are expected to remain in the building for the entire day once they arrive at school. Students do not leave campus without permission from the administration and the parents. Violation of this regulation is considered "cutting school" and is subject to disciplinary action. Students will not be allowed to leave the building and return except for scheduled doctor appointments that are confirmed with the doctor's office or when accompanied by a parent. Leaving campus to retrieve "forgotten" items, eat lunch, or take care of personal business will result in an unexcused absence and the student will not be allowed to return for any classes the remainder of the day unless special permission is given by the principal. No food is allowed to be delivered to students from an outside vendor.
Attention parents and students:
- All transportation notes for bus pickups, early dismissals, or any other transportation change must be sent to the front office first thing each morning. No verbal changes will be made over the telephone. It must be in writing or emailed to attendance and it must include a parent signature and a working contact number. A drop-off address should be included with bus notes. *These notes should be submitted prior to 1:00 pm each day. No changes or notes are accepted after this daily cut-off time.*
- Good school attendance is critical for student achievement.
- Visit this link for more information about the HCS attendance policy: Attendance Matters
ATTENTION SENIORS! - The FAFSA application opened up in October. All students interested in financial aid for college are required to complete this form, and many colleges require that all students complete FAFSA regardless. The application is free to submit. The FAFSA is available for filing online at https://fafsa.ed.gov.
To complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you will need:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your most recent federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- An FSA ID to sign electronically.
If you are a dependent student, then you will also need most of the above information for your parent(s).
The deadline for the 2020-2021 FAFSA is midnight, Central Time, June 30, 2020. The earlier you file, the more grant money you are likely to receive (up to twice as much). Filing early also helps to ensure you don’t miss FAFSA deadlines for state and college aid, which may differ from the federal deadline. You can find state FAFSA deadlines at https://fafsa.ed.gov/deadlines.htm. For a specific school’s FAFSA deadline, contact the college directly.
Google Classroom Scholarship Information
A Google Classroom for scholarship information has been created for grades 9-12. Interested students should join the classroom in order to see available scholarships. Please use the following classroom code to join: rvp1ge.
HCS Athletics Clear Bag Policy
- In order to provide a safe and secure environment for our parents, community members, students, athletes, staff, and officials, Horry County Schools has a Clear Bag Policy for all football and basketball games. School staff will continue to implement security checkpoints and approved bag searches.
- To see more specific information about the clear bag policy, visit the following link: HCS Athletics Clear Bag Policy.
- The Horry County Schools mobile app for both Apple and Android devices is available! Stay connected while you’re on the go with this FREE mobile app that will bring you the latest news and information about our schools. To learn more, click on the following link: HCS Mobile App Information.
Student Drop-Off Time
- Student drop-off time is 7:45 a.m. Doors open at 7:45 a.m. daily. Supervision is NOT provided in the mornings before 7:45 a.m.
- Students, please be reminded that you are tardy to school if you walk into your breakfast class after 8:25. Also, remember that every student will go through the metal detectors each morning. If necessary, please adjust your arrival time so that you make it to class on time. Attendance will not be delayed