- Green Sea Floyds Middle & High
- Green Sea Floyds Middle & High Homepage
Guidance Announcements & Scholarships
To see the College and Scholarship Information Sheet, click on the following link: Scholarship Opportunities.
To see available scholarships at StudentScholarships.org, click on the following link: StudentScholarships.org
Kathryn Davis Skeen Scholarship
- The Kathryn Davis Skeen Scholarship application is now available online. Deadline is Friday, May 1, 2020. Please email your application to email@example.com.
- Kathryn Davis Skeen Scholarship Application
Blanton Family Scholarship
- The Blanton Family Scholarship application is now available. Deadline is Friday, May 1, 2020. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Blanton Family Scholarship Application
HCS Summer Scholars Program
- The 2020 HCS Summer Scholars Program online application will be available on March 14th. The deadline to register is Friday, May 1st. Follow the link below for more information.
USC Summer Opportunities for Rising 6th - 12th Graders
- Visit the website below to find out about USC's summer opportunities through the Carolina Master Scholars Adventure Series. Please contact the guidance department with any questions.
- Carolina Master Scholars Adventure Series
The Partners for Minorities In Engineering & Computer Science Application is Now Open
- Upperclassmen are accepted based on space availability.
- The 2020 workshop schedule is as follows:
- Commuter Workshop: June 8th through June 12th (arrival June 8th between 8:00 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. and closing ceremony June 12th starting at 4:00 p.m.)
- Overnight Workshop: June 21rd through June 26th (closing ceremony June 26th starting at 11:00 a.m.)
- Upperclassmen use the same application form. Please note that the PMECS workshops are only for rising 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th graders.
- Application deadline is April 15th
- Electric Cooperative Washington Youth Tour for High School Juniors: Experience Washington D.C. with nearly 1500 high school juniors from across South Carolina and the country, meeting lawmakers and touring all the sights.
- Cooperative Youth Summit for High School Sophomores: Experience South Carolina’s capital like never before! Tour the Statehouse, meet lawmakers and see how co-ops are preparing for our state’s energy future. Plus, there’s plenty of time to visit Columbia’s popular attractions, including Riverbanks Zoo!
- A personal interview is part of the selection process for all Horry Electric representatives. Study materials are sent to nominated students well in advance of the date scheduled for the process of selecting the four sophomore representatives Cooperative Youth Summit and the four junior representatives for Washington Youth Tour. Applications are available in an online submission format for the Cooperative Youth Summit and for the Electric Cooperative Washington Youth Tour. You can also download a copy of the 2020 Youth Summit application or the 2020 Electric Cooperative Washington Youth Tour application and submit them in paper form.
- Find out more
- Horry Electric Cooperative’s Youth Tour Coordinator is Toni Gore, who can be reached at 843.369.6359 or email@example.com
Google Classroom Scholarship Information
- A Google Classroom for scholarship information has been created for grades 9-12. Interested students should join the classroom in order to see available scholarships. Please use the following classroom code to join: rvp1ge
Senior IGP Parent Letter
- Parents, please take time to review the Senior IGP Parent letter linked below. We want to make sure that your child is on track to graduate. We will be setting up Individual Graduation Meetings to discuss your child's graduation plans.
- Senior IGP Parent Letter
ATTENTION SENIORS! - The FAFSA application will open up in October. All students interested in financial aid for college are required to complete this form, and many colleges require that all students complete FAFSA regardless. The application is free to submit. The FAFSA is available for filing online at https://fafsa.ed.gov. *The Parent Resource Center will be open from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm Monday through Friday if you would like to come in and use the computers to file for FAFSA.*
- To complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you will need:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your most recent federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- An FSA ID to sign electronically.
- If you are a dependent student, then you will also need most of the above information for your parent(s).
- The deadline for the 2018-2019 FAFSA is midnight, Central Time, June 30, 2019. The earlier you file, the more grant money you are likely to receive (up to twice as much). Filing early also helps to ensure you don’t miss FAFSA deadlines for state and college aid, which may differ from the federal deadline. You can find state FAFSA deadlines at https://fafsa.ed.gov/deadlines.htm. For a specific school’s FAFSA deadline, contact the college directly.
Reminders for completing scholarship applications: Seniors MUST always go exactly by instructions for scholarships. They are to use a black or blue pen ONLY when completing applications by hand. No pencils, red pens, etc. Write/print carefully so applications can be read. Seniors need to have their name and name of the school on any and all attachments in case the application and attachments get separated. When scholarships or college applications require a letter of recommendation, always ask the person well in advance that you would like to write that letter for you. Don't wait until the due date to do this. Also, if you could furnish the person with a list of your extracurricular activities; school, community, clubs, awards received, etc. this will help them write a nice letter of recommendation for you.