- Green Sea Floyds Middle & High
- Green Sea Floyds Middle & High Homepage
Scores, Awards, & Recognition
Sports Information and Scores
- To see the most recent sports information, scores, and schedules, go to the Green Sea Floyds Trojans Athletic Web Site.
Battle of the Books
- Congrats to our High School Battle of the Books team on coming in 2nd place in their Horry County School district-wide competition today! Members of the team are Hannah Lovett, Lex Baker, Bailey Moore, Kai Watts, Lexis Rhodes, Jaden Goodrum, and Bailey Parsons. Go Trojans!
Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce Scholarship
- The Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce honored Grant Blevins with an award and scholarship at their annual banquet. Congrats Grant! We are so proud of you!
Rookie Teachers of the Year
- Congratulations to our Rookie Teachers of the Year!
- High School – Morgan Elliott
- Middle School – Andrea Skipper
Student Wins Poetry Contest
- Congrats to freshman, Katie Freeman, for being selected to be published in the Appelly Publishing 2021 Rising Stars Collection for her poem, "A Day In a Mask". By getting published in their collection, she is also entered in their National Poetry Contest to compete for cash prizes and scholarships! She will be a published author at the age of 15! We are so proud of you Katie!
- Congratulations to Kristen Bullock for making Region Orchestra for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Congratulations to the following students for being selected to participate in the 2021 SC All-State Chorus:
- Juan Arias Vega
- Grant Blevins
- Aaron Ford
- Lexis Rhodes
- These students submitted virtual auditions this year to win these positions. They will be attending the All-State Chorus Clinic in May in Rock Hill, SC performing with students from all over the state. This is the highest honor for a high school choral singer in our state and is a major accomplishment for these students. Please tell them congratulations when you see them!
Teachers of the Year
- Congratulations to our 2020-2021 Teachers of the Year! Megan Boyd was chosen as the high school representative, and Shelia Frye was chosen as the middle school representative.
2020-2021 Homecoming Queen & King
- Congratulations to Abby Marlowe and Jaquan Dixon for being chosen as our new Homecoming Queen and King! Teresita Perez and Freddy Serrato were the first runner-up couple. Congratulations to all of the couples that were selected to be in our 2020-2021 Homecoming Court!
- Homecoming Court:
- Caroline Davis and Aaron Graham
- Juna Gregg and Da'Shan Scott
- Shronda Jackson and Xavier Edwards
- Abigail Marlowe and Jaquan Dixon
- Teresita Perez and Freddy Serrato
- Bailey Parsons and Hayden Enzor
Support Staff Person of the Year
- Congratulations to Ms. Shelley Small, our 2019-2020 Support Staff Person of the Year!
Rookie Teachers of the Year
- This year, Horry County Schools has implemented a new initiative called "Rookie Teacher of the Year." This initiative recognizes exemplary teachers new to the teaching profession who have demonstrated excellence in the classroom and represent the district's vision and core values. We proudly announce that the Green Sea Floyds Middle School "Rookie of the Year" for 2019-2020 is Courtney Willoughby, and the Green Sea Floyds High School "Rookie of the Year" for 2019 -2020 is Chloe Jones. Congratulations to you both!