Guidance and AP Exam Information
AP ONLINE EXAM INFO FOR PARENTS
Please ask your child to practice how the AP exam submission works by accessing the exam demo. Students may not use Internet Explorer to access their exam and should use Chrome. Students should use the demo to practice the different ways to submit exam responses. If students cannot access the demo, they should contact their AP teacher for technology troubleshooting tips they must complete. World Language students will be able to practice with the AP World Languages Exam App beginning the week of May 11. Please have your child read the required and recommended resource list.
Two Days Before Each AP Exam
• Confirm that your child has located their e-ticket. Two days before each exam, students will receive an email with their unique exam e-ticket that includes their AP ID. On exam day, students will use their e-ticket to access the exam. If a student hasn't received their exam e-ticket by email, they can access it through their student account on My AP. E-tickets are nontransferable and shouldn't be shared with anyone. Students who haven't been receiving College Board emails still have time to confirm their contact information.
• Remind your child to complete the AP Exam Day Checklist (for each exam they're taking). Students should complete this checklist and keep a printed or handwritten copy with them for reference during testing. Completing the checklist will help students feel confident they're set up for success.
On AP Exam Day(s)
• Remind your child to click their e-ticket to check in 30 minutes before exam start time. Students should allot 80 minutes for each exam—30 minutes to enter their AP ID, name, and other information, and 50 minutes to draft and submit their responses. Make sure your child knows their local testing time, since each subject's exam will be taken simultaneously worldwide.
• Ensure your child knows what to do if something goes wrong. If a student accidentally closes the browser, their device crashes, or they temporarily lose internet access, they can quickly click their exam e-ticket again to return to the exam. They should continue the exam, and if they feel at the end of the exam that the temporary disruption negatively impacted their performance, they can request approval to take the makeup exam at cb.org/requestmakeup. Students can also request a makeup exam if they've lost too much time due to a technical problem, can't connect to their exam, or experienced some other serious disruption. This must be done within 48 hours.
· Online AP Classes and Review Sessions will focus on the exam day
experience and review new sample questions for all nonportfolio courses.
These sample questions are available on each subject's course page.
· During this unprecedented time, your child should reach out to his or her AP
teacher as soon as possible with any questions they may have. Thank you for
your continued support and commitment to your students' success.
The HGTC Dual Enrollment/PACE meeting scheduled for Tuesday, March 17th at 5:30 has been cancelled due to the school closures. The meeting will be rescheduled or information will be shared via a different format as soon as possible. If you have questions regarding Dual Enrollment for next year, please do not hesitate to email Mrs. Randall or Mrs. Jordan. (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org ) Thank you for your patience and understanding.
To Students and Parents:
We look forward to being able to meet again soon, but until that time, we want you to know that we are here to assist you in any way that we can.
****We are checking email daily and updating the website with scholarship information as it comes to us. Please check the website frequently for updated scholarship information. This is a great time to work on scholarships!!! If you need a or a letter of recommendation, please email Mrs. Randall or Mrs. Jordan (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org) the request, along with a resume of your activities and where the letter needs to be sent. If you need a transcript, please send the name and address of where the transcript needs to be sent and we will get that information out as soon as possible.
****We know many IGP conferences have been scheduled for the time period that we are scheduled be out of school. We are currently investigating virtual options to be able to complete these conferences. If we are able to have virtual conferences with students and parents, we will contact you regarding a time for the conference. If we are not able to conduct the conference virtually, we will reschedule them for a time when we return. Thank you for your patience as we move forward.
**** We know this is a time of uncertainty and stress for many families. Certainly the mental health of all of our students and families is our first priority. If you feel you are in a crisis situation, please reach out for help. The following services are available to you in addition to calling 911.
National Suicide Prevention Hotline
Whether you are personally in crisis or you are concerned about someone who is, you can ALWAYS call 1-800-273-TALK and get a listening ear, resources, and support
24 hours a day, seven days a week. This hotline does not close on the weekend, holidays, or during bad weather.
Veterans, please press 1.
En español oprima el 2.
Prestamos servicios en español (1-888-628-9454).
For hearing & speech impaired with TTY equipment : 1-800-799-4TTY (4889)
Waccamaw Mental Health:
If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health emergency, contact our 24/7/365 Statewide Crisis Response dispatcher at 833-364-CCRI (2274) , or call 911.
If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. We will be corresponding with you as much as possible as soon as possible. We miss each of you and we hope to see our AAST family soon!
Mrs. Randall and Mrs. Jordan