- Socastee Elementary
- Socastee Elementary Homepage
SES Rules & Procedures
Make-up Days for Hurricane Dorian
Horry County schools were closed September 3 - 6, 2019 following an executive order issued by Governor Henry McMaster to allow citizens to evacuate from Hurricane Dorian. These four instructional days will be made up utilizing make-up days designated on the 2019-2020 student calendar.
Students will now attend school on the following days:
• Monday, October 14, 2019 (already made up)
• Tuesday, October 15, 2019 (already made up)
• Friday, January 17, 2020*
• Tuesday, February 18, 2020
* January 16 was previously designated as a school day with a 2½ hour early dismissal. Students will now attend school for a full day on January 16. January 17 was previously designated as a student holiday and is now a make-up day with a 2½ hour early dismissal. With these changes to the student calendar, the grading period for first semester now ends on January 17.
February 17 is designated as a possible make-up day on the student calendar and may be used if the District experiences an additional school closure. Presently, February 17 remains a student holiday and a workday/staff development day for teachers.
- On the first offense, not to include sex, drugs, weapons, or serious bodily injury, the student may be suspended from riding the bus only until his/her parents come to the school and have a conference with the principal.
- A second offense may result in a suspension for up to five school days.
- A third offense may result in a suspension for up to 10 school days.
- A fourth offense may result in a suspension for up to 15 school days.
- A fifth offense may result in a loss of bus riding privileges for the remainder of the school year. These guidelines may be adjusted based on the seriousness of the offense.
Changes in Transportation Home
To ensure the safety of our students, all transportation changes must be made in writing. Phone calls or messages from parents, friends, or relatives cannot be honored. Anyone signing a student out must be listed on the child's emergency card or have prior written notice.