- Horry County Schools
- News Archive 2013-14
Attendance line changes for 2014-2015 school year
The Horry County Board of Education has recently approved changes that will impact various school attendance areas in the next school year as part of the District’s Short-Range Capital Projects Plan.
Listed below are the District’s attendance areas where any proposed changes will be in effect at the beginning of the 2014-15 school year in August:
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH ATTENDANCE AREA
- North Myrtle Beach Primary School (PK-2), North Myrtle Beach Elementary School (2-3), and North Myrtle Beach Intermediate School (4-5) will each be converted to a grades PK-5 school, each with its own newly-drawn distinct attendance area. These schools will be renamed prior to the start of school in August.
CONWAY ATTENDANCE AREA
- All South Conway Elementary School students will be zoned to attend middle school at Whittemore Park Middle School. This eliminates the current split where some students are zoned to attend Black Water Middle School in the Carolina Forest attendance area. After middle school, these students will also then advance into Conway High School rather than Carolina Forest High School.
- All Pee Dee Elementary School students will be zoned to attend middle school at Whittemore Park Middle School. Currently, a small number of Pee Dee students are zoned into Conway Middle School.
- Some Kingston Elementary School students will be zoned to attend Daisy Elementary School and Loris Elementary School (Loris attendance area). These students live in the areas including McNabb Road, Cane Branch Road, Hwy. 554, Hwy 66 and Red Bluff Road. These students are already zoned to attend middle and high school in the Loris attendance area.
LORIS ATTENDANCE AREA
- Students who currently attend Kingston Elementary School (Conway attendance area), but are zoned to Loris Middle School and Loris High School will be rezoned into the Loris attendance area for elementary school at Loris Elementary School and Daisy Elementary School. These students live in the areas including McNabb Road, Cane Branch Road, Hwy. 554, Hwy 66 and Red Bluff Road. These students were already zoned to attend middle and high school in the Loris attendance area.
CAROLINA FOREST ATTENDANCE AREA
- All students who live in the South Conway Elementary School attendance area and attend Black Water Middle School and Carolina Forest High School will be rezoned into the Conway attendance area to attend Whittemore Park Middle School and Conway High School. No other attendance lines changes impacting Carolina Forest attendance area schools are planned for the 2014-15 school year.
TRANSPORTATION and TRANSFERS
Related to the attendance line changes listed above, school bus transportation will be provided by the District only for students who attend the school in the attendance area to which they are assigned. Any requests for student transfers to attend a school outside their attendance area in 2014-15 will be accepted beginning in March, with transportation the responsibility of the parents.
Questions related to school attendance lines should be directed to Joe Burch at 843-488-6712 or email@example.com.