- Aynor Elementary
- Aynor Elementary Homepage
Return to Headlines
Flu Prevention at HCS
- Teachers are limiting the number of shareables in their classrooms (crayons, pencils, etc.).
- Teachers are stressing to students the importance of handwashing. Hand sanitizer DOES NOT take the place of soap and water.
- Teachers and school custodians are frequently wiping down non-porous surfaces in their classrooms, this would also include items such as keyboards, headphones, etc.
- School custodians are increasing the cleaning of frequently touched services and wiping down door handles, sink handles, light switches, water fountains, and the bathroom and cafeteria areas through EPA approved disinfectant.
Here’s what parents can do to help:
- Please encourage your child to wash his/her hands 10 times a day with soap and warm water.
- Encourage your child to cough and sneeze into a tissue and throw it in the trash right away.
- If your child does not feel well, please check their temperature before going to school.
- If a child has a fever of 100 degrees or more before taking fever-reducing medication, keep your child home.
- Your child should not return to school until he/she has been fever-free for 24-hours without the help of a fever-reducing product.
- Please make sure your child’s school has your current emergency telephone numbers. If you need to make any changes to your student’s information these corrections can be made in the Parent Portal. This would include: address, phone number, parent information, and emergency contact updates. Please log in to your Parent PowerSchool account and click on year-round updates