- Aynor High School
- Aynor High Homepage
Return to Headlines
- A student between the ages of 6-17 who misses (3) unexcused consecutive days or (5) unexcused total days within a school year, is Truant and will be placed on an Attendance Intervention Plan (AIP).
- In order to receive credit for a class, students may not miss over (5) unexcused days for a semester class, (10) for a year-long class, or (3) for a quarter class.
- A student may not receive their driver’s license if they have (3) consecutive unexcused absences, or a total of (5) unexcused absences….per SC Law.
- For a student to get their driver’s license, their attendance must be in good standing with AHS. The South Carolina DMV Form cannot be signed if a student has attendance issues, or is truant”…Per SC Law
- Parents and students have daily access to attendance through PowerSchool’s Parent Portal which is a helpful way to keep up with grades and attendance.
- Attendance issues can prevent AHS from signing off on the South Carolina DMV form…..this form is required to obtain a driver’s license.
- A doctor’s note, bereavement notice, or excuse must be turned in within (3) days of returning to school from an absence.
- rom the date signed or until the student turns 17, whichever comes 1st.
- A student cannot obtain his drivers license if he does not confirm to the South Carolina attendance laws and regulations.
- Vacations/family trips are NOT excused.
- In a year-long class, a student is allowed (10) unexcused days. In a semester class, a student is allowed (5) unexcused days. In a quarter class, a student is allowed (3) unexcused days.
- Every day + on time + attendance = academic success
- Be an Attendance ……. ere… veryday… eady… n time