- Socastee High School
- Announcements (Blog)
Announcements - February 18 - 22, 2019
Posted by Lynn Rigsbee on 2/18/2019
Socastee High School
Week of February 18 - 22, 2019
News from Athletic Department:
- Congrats to the Wrestling team as they advance to the Individual State Championships this Friday and Saturday in Anderson.
- Congrats to our Winter Sports Teams as they completed their seasons last week.
- Winter Sports Banquet will be on Tuesday, February 26, at 6:00 in Gym and Commons
- Spring Sports Pictures will be taken this Sunday between 2:00-5:00. See your Coach for the time for your Team.
Clubs and Activities:
- Congratulations to Mrs. Ami-Lyn Ward for being name the Technology Innovator of the month for Horry County Schools
- Congratulations to the Academic Team for their 4th place finish in last weekend's tournament in Greenville.
- Congratulations to Hunter Staiger and Dash Stevanovich for being named National Merit Finalists.
Monday, February 18
- There will be a HOSA meeting on Monday, February 18
- Hey Braves! The 2019 Socastee Design Challenge Series will be posted on our School’s Facebook page on Monday, February 18! Check it out for 8 consecutive days, 7 teams, 4 judges, and find out who wins it all!
Tuesday, February 19
Wednesday, February 20
- There will be a History Club meeting at 3:30 on Wednesday in Mr. Boyle's Room.
Thursday, February 21
- There will be a Rubik’s Cube Challenge Team meeting in Mr. MacLeod’s Room at 3:30 on Thursday, February 20.
Friday, February 22
- Good luck to the Socastee Academic Team this Saturday as they head to Charleston for a tournament. Go Braves!
Other up-coming events
- FCCLA will continue to sell water bottles in Mrs. Gorcesky's Room 138 for 50 cents.
- There will be a HOSA meeting on Monday, February 18.
- The next HOPE Club meeting will be Wednesday, February 17, until 4:30 p.m. in Mrs. Rowan's Room 223.
- It's Bo Time! Look for Bojangles Biscuit Sales on Mondays and Thursdays at break in the Commons area.
- Hey Braves! Prom season is near. If you have any formal dresses, heels or accessories that are hanging around in your closet or you know someone who has some, bring to Mrs. Landers Room 207. Let your items have "A Second Dance."
News from Guidance:
News for seniors:
- Cap and Gown pictures will be taken here on March 14. Photographers will provide the cap and gown. More information will be coming closer to that date.
Have a Great Day Braves!!! And be kind to one another