Criteria for Membership
How to Become A Member
Membership in Rho Kappa is by invitation, given by a local chapter on behalf of the national organization. Students may be invited to become a member of Rho Kappa based on their achievement in social studies.
Candidates for membership should:
- Have been in attendance at the school in which the chapter resides for the equivalent of one semester prior to being considered (If a special or unique circumstances merit, the high school administration may waive the semester requirement, providing a letter of explanation to the advisory council).
- Have completed FOUR semesters of courses in the field of social studies and be prepared to complete at least six semesters. The minimum grade point average for these courses is a weighted 4.00 or the numerical equivalent.
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 4.00 or the numerical equivalent.
- Have maintained a satisfactory discipline record commensurate with an honor society per the advisory council.
- Complete ONE Rho Kappa sponsored event by May 1 and complete TEN total hours.
- Have no more than TWO unexcused meeting absences.