Teacher of the Year
Congratulations to our 2022-2023 Teacher of the Year Top Ten Semifinalists!
Ten semifinalists have been chosen from school-level honorees for the Horry County Schools Teacher of the Year distinction.
The top 10 semifinalists are:
- Ann “Annie” Johnson, Academy for the Arts, Science & Technology;
- Brennan Allen, Carolina Forest High;
- Kathleen Hurley, Green Sea Floyds High;
- Vanessa Borrelli, Myrtle Beach Primary;
- Meredith Chandler, North Myrtle Beach High;
- Emma Cain, Pee Dee Elementary;
- James “Ryan” Carter, Scholars Academy;
- Bridget Washko, Socastee Elementary;
- Suzanne Troiani, Socastee High;
- and Claude “Chuck” Capps, St. James High.
After the selection committee interviews the semifinalists and reviews their portfolios, it will narrow the group to five finalists. In May, one of the five finalists will be named the 2024 HCS Teacher of the Year.
2022-2023 School-Level Teachers
2023 HCS Teacher of the Year Renee Atkinson
2023 Teacher of the Year Top 5 Finalists
2021-2022 Top 10 Teachers of the Year Semifinalist
2021-2022 School-Level Teachers of the Year
About Horry County Schools
Horry County Schools is inspiring possibilities for student success through a broad range of unique teaching and learning opportunities.
Horry (pronounced O-Ree) County Schools is made up of 56 schools within nine attendance areas: Aynor, Carolina Forest, Conway, Green Sea Floyds, Loris, Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, Socastee, and St. James. Horry County Schools has more than 45,000 students and is South Carolina’s third-largest school district.